Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help needed

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Help needed Empty
PostSubject: Help needed   Help needed Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 3:28 am

I think I might have a problem with some of my fish - I dont think theyre well.

Theres about 3 of them that dont look as active or happy as they used to. Their fins look clamped together and their tailfins just arent as wide as they used to be. They also seem to be swimming as if they are stiff, not quite as bendy as usual. One died a weeks ago and the others have been getting worse.

I dont know if its something that a new Bristlenose has brought into the tank - I got him 2 weeks ago and I dont know if he is well. He seems to get some changes in colour sometimes, he goes sort of orangey in patches sometimes.

Can anyone tell me what the problem is please?
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Help needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help needed   Help needed Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 3:55 am

Which species are affected, bettababy?

Re: the Bristlenose - that chameleon colour changing pattern is quite normal. Just an environmental response. Wink
Back to top Go down

Help needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help needed   Help needed Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 4:14 am

Sorry Mary, I have just updated my sig. It's the guppies that have been affected. One has died, and 2 look quite bad and one not quite so bad.
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284

Help needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help needed   Help needed Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 4:21 am

Aw, that's a shame. Well I have read that guppies are quite a weak species nowadays. My first three all died within a few weeks of my getting them. I have another lot now and thankfully they seem to be doing ok.
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033

Help needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help needed   Help needed Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 4:21 am

Has your water stats been ok bb? I have lost a few plattys with similar symptoms to this. It could be just something that has affected this batch - Guppys are said to be a bit weak at the mo anyway.

If your water is ok, then I would just keep an eye on them and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Help needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help needed   Help needed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help needed
Page 1 of 1