Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

fish loss

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
alison
Frequent User
Frequent User
alison

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2007-12-17

fish - fish loss Empty
PostSubject: fish loss   fish - fish loss Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 3:24 am

Since xmas I have lost 2 yoyo loach ouy of one tank and I found daddy bristlenose stuck in a plastic plant dead not been a good 2 weeks.
The loach I think have been fighting amongst themselves and these two came off worse as for the bristlenose I dont know how he managed to get himself stuck the way he did, so now the female is looking lost without him, bah humbug
Back to top Go down
dekker
dekker

Number of posts : 2030
Registration date : 2008-08-26

fish - fish loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: fish loss   fish - fish loss Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 3:48 am

sorry to hear of your loss alison hope thats the end of your fish loss

dekker
Back to top Go down
Rich
Frequent User
Frequent User
Rich

Number of posts : 1374
Registration date : 2007-12-12

fish - fish loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: fish loss   fish - fish loss Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 7:25 am

I know how you feel - ive lost 2 fighters recently - the hot water i snt coming out as 'hot' (tepid) as usual and the cold water is well - bloomin cold

I wasnt gonna clean the tanks this week (last friday) due to cold weather - but the water board put a leaflet theru the door saying that the water will be lower pressure and a funny colour whilst they flush the mains pipes - soIfelt 'forced' to do a water change before it became 'contaminated'

As soonas id finished - I could tell the fighters were not impressed - the water was only 2 degrees cooler than usual and i added it rrally slowly too

oh well - cant do anything about it now - I guess we all learn from the experiences

Are you planning to replace your BN and or the loaches?
Back to top Go down
https://tropicalfishfanatics.forumotion.com
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284

fish - fish loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: fish loss   fish - fish loss Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am

Awww that's a shame, Alison. I lost my third Fantail recently...no obvious reason why...plus my lovely female SFF but she was a couple of years old so I reckon that was due to old age. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
alison
Frequent User
Frequent User
alison

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2007-12-17

fish - fish loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: fish loss   fish - fish loss Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 12:57 am

I dont know what to do at the moment I am supplying bristlenose to my lfs I do have about 25 babies in a smaller tank which will need rehoming soon, nobody seems to have bristlenose plecs near me I had the pair about 2 years ago and they dont seem to have been back in the shops since.
Back to top Go down
Rich
Frequent User
Frequent User
Rich

Number of posts : 1374

fish - fish loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: fish loss   fish - fish loss Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 8:39 am

Well - my BN's are way too rpoductive for my liking - in fact (no joke) I found livebearers less trouble

My male is sitting on another brood and I have the survivors from at least 2 or 3 previous groups still roaming (and quite big now) in my main tank.

I Have 2 male starry BN's in my tank - if you can scheme a way of getting from here to you (here = South Devon) then your welcome to one or more (or all) the BN's

The offer is there anyway.
Back to top Go down
https://tropicalfishfanatics.forumotion.com
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

fish - fish loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: fish loss   fish - fish loss Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 11:27 pm

alison wrote:
Since xmas I have lost 2 yoyo loach ouy of one tank and I found daddy bristlenose stuck in a plastic plant dead not been a good 2 weeks.
The loach I think have been fighting amongst themselves and these two came off worse as for the bristlenose I dont know how he managed to get himself stuck the way he did, so now the female is looking lost without him, bah humbug

Thats a shame about your fish ali. The BN must have been ill I guess mustnt it. Are you getting a replacement for the female?

Have to say I think plecs are my favourite of the fish I have, run close 2nd to the betta male who has got character.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

fish - fish loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: fish loss   fish - fish loss Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

fish loss
Page 1 of 1