Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Got More Fish

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Got More Fish Empty
PostSubject: Got More Fish   Got More Fish Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 6:25 am

Thanks for all your advice the other day. I have now got 4 cherry batbs - 1 male and 3 females, and a lovely little bristlenose plec who is just so cute it's silly :lol: He's really small but already hanging around the glass :lol: .

I dont know if I should ask this in the plec section but I was wondering if I got the right stuff to feed it? I picked up a packet of Hikari Algae wafers. It says to only feed as much as can be consumed in 2 hrs. Thing is they are just a bit bigger than a 5p piece and the fish is so small he would only be able to eat a timy amount in two hours.

Should I have got him something else?
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Got More Fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got More Fish   Got More Fish Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 7:55 am

With plecs, they tend to forage around the bottom of the tank when they're not eating algae. If you feed him too much, then he won't eat the algae so IMO it's better to drop in an algae tab/wafer maybe twice a week but also add some fresh veg - courgette, cucumber attached to plant weights - twice a week also (different days to the wafers). That way, he'll be well fed but will also graze the algae. Smile
Back to top Go down

Got More Fish
Page 1 of 1