Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

do you like BIG fish?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

do you like BIG fish? Empty
PostSubject: do you like BIG fish?   do you like BIG fish? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 8:27 am

just looking at that pic of the clown loach made me realise that i dont think i like big fish! i dont know why but even if i could have a hige tank i dont think i would go for fish that grew to that size, would rather have a load of smaller fish swimming around.

i think the only way i would like a big fish would be if i had a marine set up and had a ray or something swimming round in my living room :lol:
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: do you like BIG fish?   do you like BIG fish? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 8:42 am

oh so you're a secret marine enthusiast as well are you driver? Very Happy

Interesting question about big fish. I know what you mean - Marge is hardly the prettiest fish on the planet is she?

I think I would rather have a big tank full of small pretty fish rather than a couple of then tbh.
Back to top Go down
kbekl
Frequent User
Frequent User
kbekl

Number of posts : 770
Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: do you like BIG fish?   do you like BIG fish? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 9:09 am

now this depends on the fish i think

clown no

but arrowana yes and bgkf yes also silver sharks and blue dolphins
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: do you like BIG fish?   do you like BIG fish? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 9:15 am

I supposee it does depend on the fish and I dont know enough of them at the moment, but if I had to choose today I dont thing I would pick Marge. She's too big, but I'm sure she has a lovely personality Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284

PostSubject: Re: do you like BIG fish?   do you like BIG fish? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 9:24 am

Actually, a good question and I have to say no. As mentioned in a different thread, I don't like Oscars or Jack Dempseys or any of those very large cichlids. I like the smaller cichlids though such as some of the species that Munchycarrot has or my beloved Rams. I love you

Some of the large marine species are quite pretty but, on the whole, I only like larger streamlined species such as Redtail Black Sharks or Black Ghost Knifefish. When it comes to the more traditional wide bodied fish, I think my Pearl Gouramis are about the largest that I'd go. Smile

Last edited by on Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033

PostSubject: Re: do you like BIG fish?   do you like BIG fish? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 9:36 am

I think Gourami's are ok, but I dont realy like the look of the others you mention either.

I think I must be a small fish kind of person!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: do you like BIG fish?   do you like BIG fish? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 9:47 pm

Oh I would love some really big ugly fish. Dont know what would fit into that category, but in the future it's something I'll def look for Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: do you like BIG fish?   do you like BIG fish? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

do you like BIG fish?
Page 1 of 1