Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I HAVE FISH!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

I HAVE FISH!! Empty
PostSubject: I HAVE FISH!!   I HAVE FISH!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 9:12 pm

I thought this deserved a post all of its own.

I HAVE FISH!! yay yay fish fish yay yay

I got them yesterday and kept the lights off all day to let them settle in in peace. I soooo wanted to turn the lights on and have a proper look at them!

Swimming round my tank at the minute are

2 bristlenose plecs - they are so small and cute and spend most of the time sitting on the piece of bogwood I bought at the same time.

6 Zebra Danios - I was lucky getting them because they only had 6 of them so I bought them all.

6 Neon Tetras - I like these and they seem really happy in the tank now.

6 Cherry Barbs - I dont know if they are boys or girls but the man at the shop said I will be able to tell when they are a bit bigger.

I didnt gget any kribensis or zebra loach because the shop didnt have any. I might add them later but for now I am quite happy with what I have got and the fish seem to have plenty of space to swim about. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2008-02-17

I HAVE FISH!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I HAVE FISH!!   I HAVE FISH!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 1:01 am

congrats on ur new arrivals evie!! I can remember buying my first lot of fish, sooooo exciting lol, even now im like a kid in a sweet shop when i go looking for fish i want lol.

Is this ur first tank?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=675998013
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

I HAVE FISH!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I HAVE FISH!!   I HAVE FISH!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 3:23 am

Well done evie. Isnt it great when you eventually do that and see the tank full of fishies? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

I HAVE FISH!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I HAVE FISH!!   I HAVE FISH!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 6:29 am

Congratulation Evie yay
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

I HAVE FISH!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I HAVE FISH!!   I HAVE FISH!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 8:21 am

Lovely mix of fish, evie. Good for you. Very Happy

Re: the cherry barbs. They'll colour up as they get older with the males being bright red/orange and the females a duller brown. Another way to tell is to look at the horizontal stripe on the side. In the females it's solid, in the males it's more dotted. I wish I'd known this info at the time as I ended up with all males...Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

I HAVE FISH!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I HAVE FISH!!   I HAVE FISH!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 6:12 am

phishy07 wrote:
congrats on ur new arrivals evie!! I can remember buying my first lot of fish, sooooo exciting lol, even now im like a kid in a sweet shop when i go looking for fish i want lol.

Is this ur first tank?

Hiya phishy07 - this is my first tankand first try at looking after fish, although I think I am running into trouble because one has died - see my question in Emergency
Back to top Go down
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2008-02-17

I HAVE FISH!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I HAVE FISH!!   I HAVE FISH!! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 10:09 am

awww sorry to hear that Evie, it does happen im afraid but it never gets easier, it is gutting!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=675998013
Sponsored content

I HAVE FISH!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I HAVE FISH!!   I HAVE FISH!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I HAVE FISH!!
Page 1 of 1