Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Poorly Fish

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Poorly Fish Empty
PostSubject: Poorly Fish   Poorly Fish Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 6:48 am

Hello everyone. I havent been on for such a while, I hope you dont mind me just popping in again Very Happy You were all so helpful when I used to come on before, and I would like a bit of help again.

I have been having a bit of trouble with the fish. First of allI lost the two mollies that I had. I dont know what happened to them, one I never found and the other I found floating in the tank. I hadnt noticed any signs of illness on them, they just seemed to die.

That happened about 4 weeks ago, but since then a couple of the male guppies are beginning to look poorly. They have gone sort of skinny, and look a bit bent, with their backs curved. They are still eating and swimming but just dont look right.

I am beginning to worry that there is something wrong in the tank, but I dont know what because I havent changed anything.

Have you got any ideas? Thanks everyone for any help
Back to top Go down
GeordieDave
Frequent User
Frequent User
GeordieDave

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Poorly Fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poorly Fish   Poorly Fish Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 7:22 am

some of my zebras danios went like how your guppys have gone and they sadly died i believe this is just a weak fish personally.

You have to expect deaths....touch wood I havent had any recently other than the female cockatoo going nuts and killing fish lol
Back to top Go down
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Poorly Fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poorly Fish   Poorly Fish Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 7:28 am

eljston wrote:
Hello everyone. I havent been on for such a while, I hope you dont mind me just popping in again Very Happy You were all so helpful when I used to come on before, and I would like a bit of help again.

I have been having a bit of trouble with the fish. First of allI lost the two mollies that I had. I dont know what happened to them, one I never found and the other I found floating in the tank. I hadnt noticed any signs of illness on them, they just seemed to die.

That happened about 4 weeks ago, but since then a couple of the male guppies are beginning to look poorly. They have gone sort of skinny, and look a bit bent, with their backs curved. They are still eating and swimming but just dont look right.

I am beginning to worry that there is something wrong in the tank, but I dont know what because I havent changed anything.

Have you got any ideas? Thanks everyone for any help

I hope things havce settled down now but in my (really limited experience) there are some fish that seem to doe easier than others. mollies, plattys and guppies all seem to be a bit more prone to death than others, so it was probably just one of those things.
Back to top Go down

Poorly Fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poorly Fish   Poorly Fish Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 4:17 am

do dey doe fishfan? :lol:
Back to top Go down

Poorly Fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poorly Fish   Poorly Fish Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 1:11 am

Thanks for the input guys. Things seem to have settled down in the tank now although the poorly loking ones did die. All the others have stayed well though so I guess it was just weak fish.

Just glad to know its not something I might have done that caused it.
Back to top Go down
indigoj
indigoj

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Poorly Fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poorly Fish   Poorly Fish Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:40 am

Have you any updated pics of your tank eljston?
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Poorly Fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poorly Fish   Poorly Fish Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:53 am

Now, now.....you're going all 'piccie' on us now arent you indi, just coz you have a new camera :lol:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Poorly Fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poorly Fish   Poorly Fish Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poorly Fish
Page 1 of 1