Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Poorly betta & BN advice

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Poorly betta & BN advice Empty
PostSubject: Poorly betta & BN advice   Poorly betta & BN advice Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 4:39 am

I think there might be something wrong with my betta and would like a bit of advice. He hasnt eaten for about 3 days now. I have been trying him with different foods and a bit of veg too but he just takes it in his mouth and then spits it out.

I'd also like a bit of info about my BN. I just have the one and feed it 3x week with wafers. The rest of the time he munches on the side of the tank. Is this feeding regime ok for him? I do give him some veg once a week too. Is that enough? Also would my size tank allow for another BN to keep him company?
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Poorly betta & BN advice   Poorly betta & BN advice Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 6:00 am

Hiya BB. Sorry to hear about your betta. Have you checked the water params lately. If not it might be worth just checking that ammonia, nitrite and nitrate are all as they should be (o-o-<40).

Have you changed the brand of food or anything like that? I suppose there could be something wrong with him - have you checked for growths, lumps, bumps etc?

As for the BN, what size tank have you got? The feeding regime sounds ok to me.
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Poorly betta & BN advice   Poorly betta & BN advice Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 8:35 am

Are you sure that the Betta isn't eating when you're not around? I've noticed mine spitting out the food also but it's usually gone by the next day. The one thing he does relish is bloodworm so you could try him with some of that. Smile

As for the BN, I'd add more veg. and less algae tabs. I give algae tabs. twice a week and veg. twice a week. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poorly betta & BN advice   Poorly betta & BN advice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poorly betta & BN advice
Page 1 of 1