Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

how many fish

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bulldog1

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-07-28

how many fish Empty
PostSubject: how many fish   how many fish Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 3:13 am

hi im kevin a new member i have a 48 litre interpet fish box containing 5 cherry barbs and 4 platys been set up for 5 months now no casaulties water change every week just like to know what is the safe number of fish to keep in tank this size thanks and hello to everyone
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

how many fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: how many fish   how many fish Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 4:08 am

Have you got a mixed sex platy group kevin? They are livebearers so will have loads of babies before too long if you do Smile

You might be able to add a small shoal but are probably getting near to your limit I would have thought.
Back to top Go down
bulldog1

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-07-28

how many fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: how many fish   how many fish Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 5:03 am

hi thanks for reply no 4 males but id like some catfish how many do you think if any could i add
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033

how many fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: how many fish   how many fish Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 5:27 am

With 48 litres you are a bit limited. A group of cory's would do ok maybe, but I think it may be a bit small for oto's and they need an established planted tank.
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284

how many fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: how many fish   how many fish Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 9:42 am

I'd say you're fully stocked there as platies grow to about 6-8cm, depending on the sex. Plus if you have mixed sex Platies, you're going to end up with repeated batches of fry...Wink
Back to top Go down
dekker
dekker

Number of posts : 2030
Registration date : 2008-08-26

how many fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: how many fish   how many fish Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 3:47 pm

hi kevin yeah i would say your close to being fully stocked mate - you may get away with a could of cory's which are very nice fish and don't get too big - keep us upto date mate how many fish Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

how many fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: how many fish   how many fish Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how many fish
Page 1 of 1