Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Problems

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Problems Empty
PostSubject: Problems   Problems Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 8:10 pm

Hiya everyone, hope you can give me some more advice today.

Firstly I think I have poisoned my fish. I defrosted some of the daphnia yesterday and then forgot about it. I foind it this morning and fed it to the fish but they just completely ignored it, didnt eat it at all - could it have been off - it hadnt been in the fridge or anything, just on the draining board.

Second, my male betta is starting to look quite raggedy, his tail fins especially and he seems to be getting narky with some of the fish, especially the guppies. Is there something wrong with him and how to I get his tail to mend?

Thanks everyone
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problems   Problems Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 10:23 pm

Hiya Eddie. Dont worry! I dont think you have poisoned your fish - they perhaps just didnt feel like eating the Daphnia - it sometimes takes fish a little while to get used to a different type of food.

As for the betta - is it male or female guppies you have. There can be problems keeping the two together. You might have to seperate them. For now though, make sure the water quality is spot on and dose with Melafix, that will help keep his tail free from infetion and speed the healing process.
Back to top Go down

Problems
Page 1 of 1