Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Green Spotted Puffers in FRESHWATER?????/

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Green Spotted Puffers in FRESHWATER?????/ Empty
PostSubject: Green Spotted Puffers in FRESHWATER?????/   Green Spotted Puffers in FRESHWATER?????/ Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 10:57 pm

Hiya Everyone,

I went to the lfs the other day when I picked up my new Blue Acara's and I found that they had green spotted puffers in a large group in freshwater tanks!!!!

They said on the label that the fish would benefit from slightly brackish conditions but will thrive in freshwater too.

Is this true?

confused
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Green Spotted Puffers in FRESHWATER?????/   Green Spotted Puffers in FRESHWATER?????/ Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 11:25 pm

I think that they do better in brackish Rob, and will probably live longer in their favoured environment. I wonder if it is a bit similar to how mollies are supposed to prefer brackish but will also survive in a normal freshwater tank.
Back to top Go down
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2008-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Green Spotted Puffers in FRESHWATER?????/   Green Spotted Puffers in FRESHWATER?????/ Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:49 am

My LFS had them in with piranhas!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=675998013
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Green Spotted Puffers in FRESHWATER?????/   Green Spotted Puffers in FRESHWATER?????/ Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:53 am

In my LFS, the green spotted puffers are in the marine section so I reckon that's what they need. You could always try The Puffer Forum for definitive advice. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Green Spotted Puffers in FRESHWATER?????/   Green Spotted Puffers in FRESHWATER?????/ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Green Spotted Puffers in FRESHWATER?????/
Page 1 of 1