Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whitespot treatment

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Whitespot treatment Empty
PostSubject: Whitespot treatment   Whitespot treatment Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 11:29 am

I went to the pet shop and got some Interpet No 6, Anti Whitespot Plus. I figured Interpet are a good name and so it would be a safe one to get.

I've done a big water change and have treated the tank with the first dose. I've just realised that I hadn't put the temperature up so have done that now.

Will the rest of the fish be ok with the increase in temperature?
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Whitespot treatment   Whitespot treatment Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 11:34 am

Hi jammy. I'm not sure about this but think I have read somewhere that it is better if you increase the temperature gradually over a couple of hours to help the fish adjust to the change.

The other thing is to increase the oxygenation too, either by adjusting the level of the filter so it disturbs the flow of the water a bit more, or by running an air stone.
Back to top Go down
Matty
Matty

Number of posts : 1241
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Whitespot treatment   Whitespot treatment Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 8:43 pm

With the temp increasing. If you have a reasonable sized tank. It will take quite a while for the temp to increase. But still keep an eye on it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://gallery.mac.com/matthewbshaw
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whitespot treatment   Whitespot treatment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whitespot treatment
Page 1 of 1