Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another Treatment?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Another Treatment? Empty
PostSubject: Another Treatment?   Another Treatment? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 2:58 am

I am treating my fish with Melafix after they got marks and signs of what I think is fin rot. One of the mollies had red marks on its fins and a black mark on its side. I cant say that the treatment seems to be doing much right now. Is there another treatment that might be better?
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Another Treatment? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Treatment?   Another Treatment? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 3:14 am

jammy, have you looked in the fish diseases section? There is a picture there of what finrot is (I think thats what you said it might be if I remember rightly). Have a check there and see if it fits your description. There is also information on alternative treatments too.
Back to top Go down

Another Treatment? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Treatment?   Another Treatment? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 3:49 am

Hiya Diana, I have had a look at the info now, but I am not sure if it is that or not. The black mark looks like a really small ulcer, although I cant see if it is indented at all or smooth with the skin.

The red lines are still there but I dont know if that is fin rot or not. All other fish seem ok, just the molly that is a bit lethargic. Should I still treat or leave it a while?
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Another Treatment? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Treatment?   Another Treatment? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 5:14 am

Hi jammy... don't suppose you have a pic do you?
Back to top Go down
http://www.stefbennettphotography.com

Another Treatment? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Treatment?   Another Treatment? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 7:01 am

sorry Munchycarrot, I have tried to take a couple of pics with my phone but to be honest they wouldnt be any use - a bit of a blur and thats it!!

It seems a bit better today tbh, I think so perhaps the Melaafix is starting to do something after all. I'll carry on with that and see what happens.

I dont think Melafix is mentioned in the info on fin rot on here though, so perhaps its not that anyway?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Another Treatment? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Treatment?   Another Treatment? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Treatment?
Page 1 of 1