Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Treatment for ich

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Treatment for ich Empty
PostSubject: Treatment for ich   Treatment for ich Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 8:41 am

Just a pick you brains question, I dont have any sick fish or anything. Ive been doing a bit of reading round on different forums (hope I'm allowed to say that! pale ) and have read that some people treat ich just by putting the temp up and then adding salt. I cant remember how much or how often - I knew I should've written it down!- but it got m thinking.

Have any of you treated ich in this way? It seems a more natural way of dealing with it than adding chemicals to the tank. Also, why would salt be effective against it? How does it work?
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Treatment for ich Empty
PostSubject: Re: Treatment for ich   Treatment for ich Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 11:24 pm

Here is an article that explains it a litte further but basically, salt reduces the amount of pathogens in the aquarium. You have to be careful with which fish you have in the tank, a lot can't tolerate it :face:
Back to top Go down
http://www.stefbennettphotography.com
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Treatment for ich Empty
PostSubject: Re: Treatment for ich   Treatment for ich Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 6:13 am

And here is an article about using heat to treat Ich.

I know what you're saying about using "natural" treatments but sometimes the pathogens require a more aggressive treatment. IME raising the tank temperature to 29/30C and using something like Waterlife Protozin is very effective in treating Ich. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Treatment for ich Empty
PostSubject: Re: Treatment for ich   Treatment for ich Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Treatment for ich
Page 1 of 1