Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ICH Treatment

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

ICH Treatment Empty
PostSubject: ICH Treatment   ICH Treatment Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 5:38 am

Hiya everyone. I am getting towards the end of the second bout of ich treatment and I just have a couple of questions.

There does niot seem to be any white spots on the fish that had it, it looks all clear, although there is a bit of a mark where the white spot was (scar??). The last of the dosing is due tomorrow, but I am wondering should I give the tank an extra couple of days treatment as the last course didnt kill it all of properly?

When I finish the treatment, do I need to scrub all the ornaments and fake plants in case there is any bacteria on them? I didnt do that last time but am wondering if I should have.

Thanks everyone Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

ICH Treatment Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICH Treatment   ICH Treatment Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 8:25 am

I would just do the recommended course of treatment, tbh. Excess meds. can be just as harmful as no meds. Don't forget to run a course of carbon for a couple of days after the treatment to remove any excess meds. afterwards. Prob no need to scrub the ornaments etc. but it wouldn't do any harm either. Wink
Back to top Go down

ICH Treatment Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICH Treatment   ICH Treatment Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 10:55 pm

Just a follow on question from this, how long would it take for me to know that the second lot of treatment has worked? The fosh seem ok at the moment, but if there was still ich in the tank, how long would it take to show again?

Also, if I wanted to get some more fish, how long should I wait to make sure all was ok??
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

ICH Treatment Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICH Treatment   ICH Treatment Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 11:10 pm

Hiya Angel, I would wait for at lease a month before adding any new fish just to make sure. Do you have a q tank for any new fish - it would be a shame to reintroduce any illness into your tank from new fish after going through all this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ICH Treatment Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICH Treatment   ICH Treatment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ICH Treatment
Page 1 of 1