Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Got my ammonia

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Got my ammonia Empty
PostSubject: Got my ammonia   Got my ammonia Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 8:04 am

Ok everyone, as I said, I have blitzed the tank, washed it all and filled it with clean water. Ive managed to get some pure ammonia - of a neighbour thankfully as the shops didn't sem to keep it in stock.

So am I right that all I do now is increase the temperature a bit, and then add enough ammonia to get it to 5? My problem with that is that the water testing kit I have goes from 4 up to 8, so is it ok to just take it to 4?

I dont want to be adding too little and have to wait years for the cycle to start.

Any help or advice would be great, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Got my ammonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got my ammonia   Got my ammonia Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 8:52 am

First bit of advice is to be patient - it can take a while to complete this so patience is really necessary! Also don't hesitate to ask any questions you have - over and over again if you need to - I know I did!

Good luck with it all Smile
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Got my ammonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got my ammonia   Got my ammonia Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 11:42 am

It'll be fine to get it to 4 (ish) and test every day until you get the nitrIte spike. If you post your results, we can help to keep an eye on things for you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.stefbennettphotography.com

Got my ammonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got my ammonia   Got my ammonia Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 3:16 am

i dnt envy you startingthe cycling thing all over again, but think youve done the right thing in taking the fish back to the shop. They shouldnt have sold them to you in the first place imo.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Got my ammonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got my ammonia   Got my ammonia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got my ammonia
Page 1 of 1