Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Fish...Again!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

fish - New Fish...Again! Empty
PostSubject: New Fish...Again!   fish - New Fish...Again! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 6:11 am

Well, my mourning period for Beau didn't last long as today I picked up a bee-yoot-i-ful replacement blue male (for the Betta Bachelor Pad) plus a female Betta for the community tank and errm, four more Blue Neon Guppies. High mortality rate but they're just too pretty to pass up...Embarassed

All new fish are now in separate quarantine tanks for the next month. Not even new shoes can match the heady rush of buying new fish...yay
Back to top Go down
alison
Frequent User
Frequent User
alison

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: New Fish...Again!   fish - New Fish...Again! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 3:56 am

Oooooh I dont know Mary, new shoes or new fish hmmmm scratch you can't wear fish on your feet but I am waiting to see if Carrie will on SATC2 if she does look out Brian you will be worn, (brian is my plec) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

PostSubject: Re: New Fish...Again!   fish - New Fish...Again! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:33 am

Oh I can't wait for that film to come out. I went to a charity premiére for the first one with three of my friends and we had the best time! Very Happy

Well, who'd've thought guppies were hardier than SFF as I found the female Betta dead in the Q tank this morning... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
alison
Frequent User
Frequent User
alison

PostSubject: Re: New Fish...Again!   fish - New Fish...Again! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 2:29 am

Hey Mary check out the new trailer for SATC Aiden is back yay
Back to top Go down
Rich
Frequent User
Frequent User
Rich

Number of posts : 1374

PostSubject: Re: New Fish...Again!   fish - New Fish...Again! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 7:40 am

Mary - be warned, if the female betta has the community to 'herself' ie she is the only betta, she may well see the guppys as a threat and kill em.

just to warn you - i found if you keep say 4 or 5 females, they only bother each other Wink

as for blue guppys - they dont seem to do too well for me either - although the mixed blues ive got (from fry) seem quite stirdy so far - i dont have much luck with dragonhead males either.
Back to top Go down
https://tropicalfishfanatics.forumotion.com
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

PostSubject: Re: New Fish...Again!   fish - New Fish...Again! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 9:07 am

alison wrote:
Hey Mary check out the new trailer for SATC Aiden is back

yay indeed!

Moot point, Rich...I found her dead yesterday morning. I reckon the guppies ganged up on her during the night. Sad
Back to top Go down
alison
Frequent User
Frequent User
alison

PostSubject: Re: New Fish...Again!   fish - New Fish...Again! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 8:11 pm

I have never been able to keep a betta they just last for a few days, so I leave them well alone when I see them in the lfs.
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033

PostSubject: Re: New Fish...Again!   fish - New Fish...Again! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 11:53 pm

Glad to see the black armband has been put 9n the drawer Mary. I'm with you, I love going to the lfs and coming home with some new fish - it's just about the only type of shopping I enjoy Smile
Back to top Go down
Rich
Frequent User
Frequent User
Rich

Number of posts : 1374

PostSubject: Re: New Fish...Again!   fish - New Fish...Again! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 2:22 am

im not quite on the few days thing with bettas - but im with alison, im leaving them well alone (getting my mum past them is a different story though - the tank isnt ready for them yet will only wear for so long Very Happy)

I find them way too prone to dropsy for some reason - even when a change a portion of the water on a daily basis

ho hum - as we say to kids

look but dont touch Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://tropicalfishfanatics.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Fish...Again!   fish - New Fish...Again! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Fish...Again!
Page 1 of 1