Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

bumble bee fish

Go down 
+2
Grampa
hayzy
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

fish - bumble bee fish - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bumble bee fish   fish - bumble bee fish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 9:57 pm

Did you get it sorted hayzy?
Back to top Go down
hayzy

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-03-19

PostSubject: Re: bumble bee fish   fish - bumble bee fish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 7:42 am

Returned the fish my geo's fins are in tatters after a few days cant believe it what a sly fish even my clowns have a few nips im not happy returned and gave them a piece of my mind.Any advice on how to look after my geo's they both nipped but the big one JCB is particularly bad any treatments i need or anything i should do?
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: bumble bee fish   fish - bumble bee fish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:34 am

Main thing in healing badly nipped fins is really good water quality.

If you have a spare tank then transfer the injured fish into there - it will just give them a bit of peace from the other fish that may see it as weak. If not, then leave where it is and keep a close eye on things to make sure they dont get bullied

I would do twice weekly water changes and also add something like melafix in to keep any opportunistic bacteria at bay till things heal up properly.
Back to top Go down
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

PostSubject: Re: bumble bee fish   fish - bumble bee fish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:41 am

Was it ali or indi that had a fish with no tail recently? I think whoever it was used some King British stuff and had a really good result - I'll see if I can find the thread.
Back to top Go down
Rich
Frequent User
Frequent User
Rich

Number of posts : 1374
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: bumble bee fish   fish - bumble bee fish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 9:08 am

my angels took ubridge with a tiger barb when they last spawned and nipped half a tail off

Keep water clean, try to keep stress levels down (I personally dont move wounded fish to qq as this stresses em more) and half dose of Melafix and pimafix had it sorted in a little over a week

healthy fish usually fix fins themselves as long as water is good - I only applied the above treatment once to freshly changed water.

Hope this helps Wink
Back to top Go down
https://tropicalfishfanatics.forumotion.com
alison
Frequent User
Frequent User
alison

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: bumble bee fish   fish - bumble bee fish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 1:29 am

Yes I used king british disease clear and tonic salt with very good results
Back to top Go down
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

PostSubject: Re: bumble bee fish   fish - bumble bee fish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 7:34 am

Sorry ali, thought it was you, just couldn't remember! fish - bumble bee fish - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
alison
Frequent User
Frequent User
alison

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: bumble bee fish   fish - bumble bee fish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 9:51 am

Thats ok FF old age doesn't come alone hahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bumble bee fish   fish - bumble bee fish - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

bumble bee fish
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2