Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

how to keep my tank clean

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

how to keep my tank clean Empty
PostSubject: how to keep my tank clean   how to keep my tank clean Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 7:15 pm

what things can i do to keep my tank clean adn keep the algie away and what equipment i need to buy.
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: how to keep my tank clean   how to keep my tank clean Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 10:28 pm

This is a list of things that I use for my weekly water changes and tank clean. Some you may already have available at home but some you will need to buy from a pet/lfs.

Bucket
Small dish sponge (you know the small pads that have a sponge on one side and a green scrubber on the other).
Gravel vac - used to clean the substrate and syphon water from the tank
Dechlorinator

Think that's about it.

By the way, if you are worried about algae, why not get a Bristlenose plec. I have two in my tank and not a spot of algae Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284

PostSubject: Re: how to keep my tank clean   how to keep my tank clean Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 8:32 am

Just to add to that list...it's also worth having a new clean toothbrush (I got two for 99c in Lidl) for cleaning awkward areas like around the filter or the pipework. Obviously only to be used for the tank. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how to keep my tank clean   how to keep my tank clean Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 9:30 pm

You would have to make sure your little lad didn't get hold of that and think he was being clever cleaning his teeth all on hos own! affraid
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: how to keep my tank clean   how to keep my tank clean Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 10:26 pm

LMAO pale
Back to top Go down
http://www.stefbennettphotography.com
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

PostSubject: Re: how to keep my tank clean   how to keep my tank clean Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 5:36 am

Guppy wrote:
You would have to make sure your little lad didn't get hold of that and think he was being clever cleaning his teeth all on hos own!
Well, if he did - he'd only do it the once...not sure the taste would be too pleasant! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how to keep my tank clean   how to keep my tank clean Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 5:41 am

Not sure you mind when your that age - I used to eat soil when I was little apparently!
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

PostSubject: Re: how to keep my tank clean   how to keep my tank clean Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 5:42 am

True. He really enjoyed the sand pit last summer... silent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how to keep my tank clean   how to keep my tank clean Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how to keep my tank clean
Page 1 of 1