Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clean up crew

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GeordieDave
Frequent User
Frequent User
GeordieDave

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Clean up crew Empty
PostSubject: Clean up crew   Clean up crew Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 6:16 am

Right,

I have noticed a lot of build up on the plants and gravel, its time to bring in some CuC.

Any suggestions?

Apistos*2
White clouds*4
Rainbows*8

I dont want a shrimp as they can prey on slow moving fish. The Apistos on an evening lie on the bottom of the tank and I dont want to make them a target from the Shrimp.
Back to top Go down
Matty
Matty

Number of posts : 1241
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Clean up crew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clean up crew   Clean up crew Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 7:59 am

otos!! They are my favourites Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://gallery.mac.com/matthewbshaw
GeordieDave
Frequent User
Frequent User
GeordieDave

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Clean up crew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clean up crew   Clean up crew Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 9:48 am

will they eat algae and other crap (quite literally) whats lying on the gravel? do they eat plants?
Back to top Go down
indigoj
indigoj

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Clean up crew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clean up crew   Clean up crew Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 6:43 pm

NO fish will eat crap. That I'm afraid you will have to get the gravel vac onto. (Pets at Home do a nifty airpump powered vac that removes crap without removing water so you can do a clean without having to do a water change)

Otos live on algae and veggies but can be sensitive to new tanks. They shouldn't eat plants though. If you get some get them from a good LFS and look for ones with fat but not bloated bellies.

I still reckon shrimp, I'm sure there are some that don't prey on fish. I asked on another forum about keeping shrimp with baby plecs and everyone said that was ok and even good because they help keep the tank free of left over food. You don't get much slower and more bottomdwelling than plec fry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Clean up crew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clean up crew   Clean up crew Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clean up crew
Page 1 of 1