Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sick fish - help please

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Sick fish - help please Empty
PostSubject: Sick fish - help please   Sick fish - help please Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 3:40 am

Havent been on lately - just cycling the tank which finished about a week ago, and got my new fish.

Today I have noticed that one of my fish has what looks like small bits of cotton (could it be worms?) hanging from one side. There's just two of them and all other fish seem ok.

Its not little dots like ich would look so does anyone know what it could be?

I've only had the fish a week and dont want to lose the lot again Mad
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Sick fish - help please   Sick fish - help please Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 6:39 am

Difficult to say without a clear photo, guppy. It could be a fungal infection or it could be something more serious like columnaris. Why not check out the Fish Disease section and see if anything there matches what your fish has?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sick fish - help please   Sick fish - help please Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 6:13 am

Thanks Mary. I've had a look and it looks like it could be some sort of fungal infection so I've started to dose it with Melafix.

It doesnt look so good today, and I just hope the rest of the fish dont get it too. I got them all together so chances are if one has it and its catching they could all be effected.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sick fish - help please   Sick fish - help please Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sick fish - help please
Page 1 of 1