Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BOW FRONT TANKS

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

BOW FRONT TANKS Empty
PostSubject: BOW FRONT TANKS   BOW FRONT TANKS Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 7:03 am

I have been looking online and seen some Fluval tanks that I quite like the look of -

http://www.seapets.co.uk/products/aquarium-supplies/aquariums/fluval-aquariums-and-cabinets/fluval-vicenza-aquarium-sets/fluval-vicenza-260-aquarium-and-cabinet-mocha-and-light-oak.html

I have never seen bow fronted tanks with fish in though and am just wondering if there are any benefits/drawbacks about them?

Would appreciate some feedback, as ever.
Back to top Go down

BOW FRONT TANKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOW FRONT TANKS   BOW FRONT TANKS Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 7:32 am

Thats a nice tank ff - couldnt have had a longer link could it - nearly as long as the tank itself!! Very Happy

Sorry, I cant give any info on the benefits or drawbacks, but I do like the look of it.
Back to top Go down
Rich
Frequent User
Frequent User
Rich

Number of posts : 1374
Registration date : 2007-12-12

BOW FRONT TANKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOW FRONT TANKS   BOW FRONT TANKS Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 2:42 am

All I know is that you have to be careful when it comes to cleaning algae off the glass and that (apparently) they are somehow easier to knock/scratch the fornt glass on the outside.

I have seen them stocked in LFS as display tanks and for me - they do nothing

But I guess its all personal prefernces at the end of the day - I guess they are marmite - either love mem or hate em Very Happy

Cheers
Back to top Go down
https://tropicalfishfanatics.forumotion.com
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

BOW FRONT TANKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOW FRONT TANKS   BOW FRONT TANKS Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 12:33 am

Thanks Rich, I hadnt thought that they might fet knocked more easily - something to bear in mind. I'm off to ave a look on ebay later and see whats going free on there Smile
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-15

BOW FRONT TANKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOW FRONT TANKS   BOW FRONT TANKS Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 3:48 am

One of mine is a bow front (juwel vision) but only very slightly bowed, the fish aren't distorted at all. It depends how deep the curve is as to how much distortion you get.
Not sure about the scratch/cleaning thing, i've had mine 10 yrs & not a scratch in sight....a myth!
Back to top Go down
http://www.stefbennettphotography.com
Rich
Frequent User
Frequent User
Rich

Number of posts : 1374

BOW FRONT TANKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOW FRONT TANKS   BOW FRONT TANKS Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 6:42 am

may well depend on human traffic around the tank too especially kids

Anyway - have a look at some in LFS if you can - I would think when it comes to liters per £ (tank volume) that bow fronts will be slightly more expensice - but if the economic slump is as bad as is made out - now is the time to buy, possibly a second hand one - its a buyers amarket at the moment Wink

Have fun Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://tropicalfishfanatics.forumotion.com
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

BOW FRONT TANKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOW FRONT TANKS   BOW FRONT TANKS Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 8:22 pm

Thanks for all the cokmments fellas, I am hoping to make my mind up soon and get it all set up before the end of the month.

Oh the joys of cycling a tank again!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
dekker
dekker

Number of posts : 2030
Registration date : 2008-08-26

BOW FRONT TANKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOW FRONT TANKS   BOW FRONT TANKS Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 9:01 pm

yeah but well worth it in the end fishfan.

dekker
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284

BOW FRONT TANKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOW FRONT TANKS   BOW FRONT TANKS Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 10:45 am

My two largest AquaOne tanks are slightly bow fronted and the only drawback is a slight distortion when the tank is viewed from the side. I'm not a big fan of the overly curved tanks though but as Rich said, it's down to personal preference. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BOW FRONT TANKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOW FRONT TANKS   BOW FRONT TANKS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BOW FRONT TANKS
Page 1 of 1