Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ordering fish over the internet???

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

fish - ordering fish over the internet??? Empty
PostSubject: ordering fish over the internet???   fish - ordering fish over the internet??? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 1:30 am

Been loking at some websites that sell fish, and wondered if anyone had used any of them? Sounds a bit dodgy sending fish by post.
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: ordering fish over the internet???   fish - ordering fish over the internet??? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 7:28 am

I never have john, I think Munchycarrot or Mary might have though, but I could be wrong about that.

Why are you thinking of doing that - are tyou short of decent lfs in your area?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ordering fish over the internet???   fish - ordering fish over the internet??? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 7:42 am

No got a reasonable choice in the area. I was just looking at different fish to see what I could find that was a bit different or unusual that might be suitable for my tank. And started wondering how they packed them to ensure they were delivered alive and well. I can't see royal mail being careful enough to deliver them, although my girlfriend occasionally orders spiders over the internet and their delivered by royal mail but they don't need to be kept in water. Although they must get shaken about a bit.
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: ordering fish over the internet???   fish - ordering fish over the internet??? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 7:53 am

I haven't been able to order any as they only do overnight delivery to mainland UK. I think Trimar have a fairly good reputation. I know of several people who've ordered fairly expensive species from there and the fish arrived healthy and intact! Smile
Back to top Go down
GeordieDave
Frequent User
Frequent User
GeordieDave

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: ordering fish over the internet???   fish - ordering fish over the internet??? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 9:38 pm

Remember that some fish which come into this country has to be flown in therefore they are bagged/boxed for 24hrs plus.

I dont see an issue with posting as long as they are packaged correctly and with this time of year a heat pack should be added as its only going to get colder.

My only gripe with postage on fish is that its darn expensive but you pay for the next day before 1pm service.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ordering fish over the internet???   fish - ordering fish over the internet??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ordering fish over the internet???
Page 1 of 1