Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

cycling question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

cycling question Empty
PostSubject: cycling question   cycling question Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 4:48 am

Right, I got the ammonia today, and have added it to the tank. I tested after each little bit to make sure I didnt put too much in, but how do you know if you have got 5?? There isnt a 5 on the chart (api kit) so do you just guess or is there some way to figure it out?

Also, I want to put some plants in because I dont like the look of the fake ones, when can I put them in and what do I need to put under the gravel for them to root into?

Finally, do I need to have the heater on during the cycle and should it be left on all the time?

Thanks everyone Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Matty
Matty

Number of posts : 1241
Registration date : 2007-12-15

cycling question Empty
PostSubject: Re: cycling question   cycling question Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 5:04 am

I would make a guestimate from what is nearest on your chart! It doesn't have to be exactly five so it doesn't matter if it isn't the best guess!

I would just leave the heater on. Plants ca just be rooted into the gravel, or you can use a lead & foam kit Very Happy I will send you some from my old tank if you send me an S.A.E Wink
Back to top Go down
http://gallery.mac.com/matthewbshaw
GeordieDave
Frequent User
Frequent User
GeordieDave

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2008-03-08

cycling question Empty
PostSubject: Re: cycling question   cycling question Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 8:35 am

hmm somewhere I found a guide on working out exactly how many Mls to add to get an ammonia for 5ppm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

cycling question Empty
PostSubject: Re: cycling question   cycling question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cycling question
Page 1 of 1