Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

platty problem

Go down 
AuthorMessage

platty problem Empty
PostSubject: platty problem   platty problem Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 3:35 am

Hey guys! Cool forum, hope you dont mind me asking for some info but i think one of my fish might have ich.

I bought na platty yesterday but now it doesnt look too good. There is a timy white spot where its tail is joined toi its body. I dont want it to spread to the other fish and dont have a spare tank. Can someone pleaset tell me what ich looks like. thanks

amonia: 0
nitrite: 0
nitrate 10
ph 7.4
temp 24

fish 3 platy
6 cardinal tetras
2 corys
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

platty problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: platty problem   platty problem Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 5:47 am

Hiya teri, welcome to TFF Very Happy

Sorry youre worried about one of your fish. Can you give us a bit more information please. What are your water stats - ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate in particular.

For a pic of ich, have a look in the Fish Diseases and Treatment section for a pic of a fish with ich. Is that something like yours?
Back to top Go down

platty problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: platty problem   platty problem Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 6:41 am

Sorry Diana, all my water is fine and always has been - ammonia 0.nitrite 0 and nitriate 10. I have had a look at the photo of the ich fish but am not sure to be honest if its the same or not. What else could cause a white spot on a fish?
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

platty problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: platty problem   platty problem Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:20 am

It could be ne of the fingal/bacterial infections I suppose. Can you isolate it in another tank - do you have a spare? If the fish is ill it will save it getting picked on by the other fish which can sometimes happen, but if it is an infection, then all the fish willl probably need treating.

Only thing I can suggest is leave ot for tonight and see if there is any change tomorrow. let us know wont you?
Back to top Go down

platty problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: platty problem   platty problem Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 10:06 pm

Hi everyone. Just thought I'd let you know that I think the fish is ok/ The white spot, whatever it was has gone now. There is just a little mark on its skin where it was but it seems to be swiming round ok and eating fine too so no probs I dont think.

Thanks for the help Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

platty problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: platty problem   platty problem Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 10:15 pm

I'm glad the fish is better teri.

I dont want to be a prophet of doom, but with ich the 'spots' do drop off the fish. I would keep an eye on things closely for a while just in case.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

platty problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: platty problem   platty problem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

platty problem
Page 1 of 1