Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

One more dead fish

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

One more dead fish Empty
PostSubject: One more dead fish   One more dead fish Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 7:32 am

Well I woke up this morning and my sick platty had died. The other two are still itching themselves on rocks and ornaments and now and again sort of rub their sides along the gravel but they dont have the white spot that the platty had.

Thing is I dont know what was wrong with it, but this is the second time I have had some sort of outbreak in the fish and I dont know why. The water is fine, I feed them right, I dont think theyre stressed or anything like that so what could be the problem?

Should I just dose the tank wth something just in case the itchy fish have something?
Back to top Go down

One more dead fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: One more dead fish   One more dead fish Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 7:54 am

Bad news that Guppy. Im not sure about dosing the tank, wait for someone else to say, but I dont thiknk its generally done, best to wait till you know exactly what's going on in there. it could just be bad luck and nothing wrong wirth the tank at all.
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

One more dead fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: One more dead fish   One more dead fish Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 9:24 am

Sorry to hear about the platty. Sometimes fish just flick against stuff without it being anything sinister. As driver said, don't add unnecessary meds. unless you're absolutely sure that they're needed.
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

One more dead fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: One more dead fish   One more dead fish Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 9:35 am

I have guppys and plattys that do now and then rub themselves against the gravel or ornaments - they dont do it all the time, just have a bout of it now and again.

I'm afraid it's a case of just wait and see, fingers crossed it will all settle down now.
Back to top Go down

One more dead fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: One more dead fish   One more dead fish Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 5:09 am

Oh Guppy, I am sorry to see that you're having problems again, I hope it all clears up soon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

One more dead fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: One more dead fish   One more dead fish Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One more dead fish
Page 1 of 1