Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Holiday Home

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Holiday Home Empty
PostSubject: Holiday Home   Holiday Home Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 10:49 pm

I am going down later to pick up my nieces 2 goldies while they are away on 2 wks holiday, and am going to put them in with my (in a 90litre tank). I know 4 goldies in 90litres isnt perfect but they are in a tiny tank at the moment so thought it would at least give them a couple of weeks of decent swimming and good water quality.

They are only small fish - probably because of the size of the tank they are in, but do you think I should put some extra filtration in there - I have a Fluval 3 internal going in it at the moment and the water is always ok, but am thinking of the extra poop Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Holiday Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Home   Holiday Home Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 9:36 am

Ooh, that'll be a lovely holiday for them. Maybe when the owners come to pick them up, you can show them how well they look in the bigger tank. Wink

I imagine that the "holiday" goldfish will be stunted so they probably won't produce that much extra waste but it'd be no harm to test the water for a couple of days after you add them just to be sure there isn't a mini-cycle while the filter bacteria are adjusting to the new bioload. But sure, you know all that anyway, maestro. :lol:
Back to top Go down

Holiday Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Home   Holiday Home Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 9:36 pm

you going to end up with 4 goldies instead of just 2 Diana? They might not want to leave :lol:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Holiday Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Home   Holiday Home Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Holiday Home
Page 1 of 1