Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

pets&home

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
alison
Frequent User
Frequent User
alison

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2007-12-17

pets&home Empty
PostSubject: pets&home   pets&home Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 12:38 am

Went down to local p&h to get king British dechlorinator , only to find they have scaled down their fishy section to have lizard stuff and have stopped selling king british. I had to go 7 miles to get to the next aquatic shop and they dont sell it either, but was given pond dechlorinator which will last much longer as I need a lot less of it according to the shop what does everybody think ok or not ok scratch
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

pets&home Empty
PostSubject: Re: pets&home   pets&home Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 7:04 am

Dechlorinator is dechlorinator so it should be fine I imagine just be sure to get your measurements right. Smile
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033

pets&home Empty
PostSubject: Re: pets&home   pets&home Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 11:07 pm

I wonder if they are going to stop doing fish? A Mary says it should be fine - I am sure I have read somewhere of people using pond stuff because it works out much cheaper in the long run.
Back to top Go down
alison
Frequent User
Frequent User
alison

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2007-12-17

pets&home Empty
PostSubject: Re: pets&home   pets&home Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 5:09 am

Well I called in there on thursday with my daughter as she wanted hay for the rabbit and the stock of fish was very poor,they dont have any large tanks anymore only the small 60 litre ones and nano tanks, all the aquatic stock is a lot less than it used to be.
Back to top Go down
Rich
Frequent User
Frequent User
Rich

Number of posts : 1374

pets&home Empty
PostSubject: Re: pets&home   pets&home Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 11:03 pm

My local P@H are doing the same - they only stock KB stuff during what they call 'pond season' ie the summer - but they do stock the big bottles designed for ponds but the actual dosage is identicle so it works out dirt cheap for tanks Wink

Lets just say for the same price, I got 4 times the amount as I would for API or Tetra dechlorinator Surprised

Anyway, these days, I find hunting online often works out cheaper, even with postage, especially of ypou buy in bulk and get food and filter floss etc at the same time
Back to top Go down
https://tropicalfishfanatics.forumotion.com
Grampa
Not so Newbie
Not so Newbie
Grampa

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-02-19

pets&home Empty
PostSubject: Re: pets&home   pets&home Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 12:46 am

They might well do away with selling fish, they done away with selling Budgies a few years back now, although I cant see them doing away with them altogether. Maybe Goldies and a few bog standard tropicals.

Its all about money these days, and even our pets aren't immune to this current situation I'm afraid.

Business can be a real sickner at times, big companys come in and the little independents cant survive, then the big boys can then decide what lines they choose to sell due to lack of competition........ pets&home 392368
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

pets&home Empty
PostSubject: Re: pets&home   pets&home Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

pets&home
Page 1 of 1