Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Holiday arrangements

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Holiday arrangements Empty
PostSubject: Holiday arrangements   Holiday arrangements Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 12:18 am

Right, so we are heading off for Bonnie Scotland on Saturday morning, and I just want to check that I have things planned ok for the fish. They wont be getting fed at all while I am away so I hope this will be ok.

**Big water change on Thursday, give the tank a good clean, and wash the filter foam.

**Feed the fish as usual Thursday, Friday and Saturday morning.

**Leave a bit of cucumber in for the plecs on Saturday morning (it doesn't last long so wont be a problem for water quality)

**Set timers so lights come on for about 8hrs a day for the plants.

**I will have to leave bubbles off for a week so will make sure the filter is causing disturbance of the waters surface.

Have I missed anything out?
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Holiday arrangements   Holiday arrangements Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 12:38 am

You seem to have it all covered Diana.

Have a great hol. Looking forward to seeing your photos. Where in Scotland are you going?
Back to top Go down
http://www.stefbennettphotography.com
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

PostSubject: Re: Holiday arrangements   Holiday arrangements Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 6:36 am

Thanks Stef, I am really loooking forward to it. Do you remember recommending Kippford to me? I tried to book a bungalow or caravan there but couldn't get one for the week we wanted that was ok to take a dog in so we forgot about it for a while.

Well, we tried there again just a couple of weeks ago and they had had a cancellation - 3 bed caravan that allowed dogs in but wasnt centrally heated so I hope the weather picks up!
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

PostSubject: Re: Holiday arrangements   Holiday arrangements Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 7:52 am

OMG you lucky thing! I hope you like it now I've recommended it Rolling Eyes

We tried to book for this week & they're full Sad Must admit, we tried about 6wks ago & haven't bothered trying since.

What number caravan is it?
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

PostSubject: Re: Holiday arrangements   Holiday arrangements Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 7:47 pm

We were lucky. Usually we head off for Cornwall but I just didnt fancy such a long trek this year so this is ideal.

I dont know what the caravan number is - it's not on the details we have - probably because we booked so late. I can understand how you have had problems booking though, we were just lucky that we phoned on the day someone had cancelled, and it was a dog friendly one too, otherwise we wouldnt have been able to go - no show without dear old Monty!

I will make you jealous by showing you all my amazing photo's when I come back! :lol:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Holiday arrangements   Holiday arrangements Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 8:01 pm

have a good holiday Diana. Make sure you keep an eye out for the haggis - they run out of the hedges when you least expect it :lol:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Holiday arrangements   Holiday arrangements Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:26 pm

Have a nice time Smile and btw how do you set timers on the lights do you have to buy something!?! Ive never heard of that before Very Happy
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

PostSubject: Re: Holiday arrangements   Holiday arrangements Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:44 pm

it's one of these they are about £5 from b&q
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284

PostSubject: Re: Holiday arrangements   Holiday arrangements Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:58 pm

Well I'm heading off on Sunday so I'm in the middle of doing thorough cleaning of the tanks at the moment as the water won't be changed again for three weeks... Shocked ...so fingers crossed, my brother-in-law remembers to feed them.

Although I'm not so much concerned with the feeding aspect so much as an unforeseen equipment failure - heater, filter or both... affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Holiday arrangements   Holiday arrangements Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Holiday arrangements
Page 1 of 1