Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

angel fish

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
alison
Frequent User
Frequent User
alison

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2007-12-17

angel fish Empty
PostSubject: angel fish   angel fish Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 7:33 am

I went to get 3 clowns today from Maidenhead Aquatics and got them home ,put them in my tank and one in particular had been out nosing around the tank when the female angel fish charged across the tank , butted the loach full out on its side and killed it. It died straight away ,if my husband had not seen it I would not have believed it. banghead ruddy angel fish .
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

angel fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: angel fish   angel fish Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 7:57 am

Shocked OMG, that's just awful, alison. So sorry to hear that. Sad

I only have the one Angelfish and it's never caused any bother bar the odd nudge to the Gouramis. How many angels do you have, alison?

Btw, what size tank do you have? Clown Loaches grow very large and need a 400L tank minimum to reach their full potential. Wink
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033

angel fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: angel fish   angel fish Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 7:47 pm

Oh, that is awful! What are you going to do with the Angels ali to stop it happening again?
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-15

angel fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: angel fish   angel fish Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 8:28 pm

angel fish Fighting0029

Sorry to hear that alison. I'd still return the clown to the shop though. Just don't mention the devil/angel fish
Back to top Go down
http://www.stefbennettphotography.com
alison
Frequent User
Frequent User
alison

angel fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: angel fish   angel fish Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 9:31 pm

I have 3 angels and two have paired up and are laying eggs every two weeks, when they lay the eggs they chase off everything to the other side of the tank ,the only fish that is not afraid of them is the 12 inch plec . I have a 250 l tank but I want a six foot tank to put the clowns in and the big plec, I have seen one on one of the aquarium sites same capacity as a 6 foot rena buy only £589 with heaters and external filter so I just have to get rid of my wall unit .When I was in Maidenhead aquatics yesterday I got talking to one of the boys working there and he said that they were looking for a breeding pair of angels but he couldnt tell me how much they would give me for them ,the female is the same span as my open hand , the male is slightly smaller anybody got an idea how much a breeding pair of angels go for
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-15

angel fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: angel fish   angel fish Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 9:42 pm

I have seen some on ebay for £30 a pair and some on Aquarists Classified for £20 a pair. It doesn't state the size but i'll bet they are smaller than yours.
There are a few 'wanted' ads on AC too. If you type Angels into the search that might give you some ideas.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stefbennettphotography.com

angel fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: angel fish   angel fish Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 7:39 am

alison wrote:
I went to get 3 clowns today from Maidenhead Aquatics and got them home ,put them in my tank and one in particular had been out nosing around the tank when the female angel fish charged across the tank , butted the loach full out on its side and killed it. It died straight away ,if my husband had not seen it I would not have believed it. banghead ruddy angel fish .

Is this normal angelfish behaviour alison? I know they have a bit of a reputation but this sounds really extreme!!
Back to top Go down
alison
Frequent User
Frequent User
alison

angel fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: angel fish   angel fish Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 5:00 am

I dont know Tardis but she one mental fish, I was talking to a guy in lfs today and he reckons that she hit the clown in the swimbladder and thats why the clown died straight away
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284

angel fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: angel fish   angel fish Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 7:05 am

Could very well be, alison. That's how my first angelfish died - it got rammed by the Siamese Fighter in much the same way. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

angel fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: angel fish   angel fish Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

angel fish
Page 1 of 1