Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Snail problem

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Snail problem Empty
PostSubject: Snail problem   Snail problem Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 5:35 am

Can someone tell me how to get rid of snails? I got some new plants and since then have had snails in the tank. I have put cucumber in for the BN's and the snail end up crawling all over it!

Also I have seen some really tiny white dots on the side of the glass - could these be snail eggs?
Back to top Go down
indigoj
indigoj

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Snail problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snail problem   Snail problem Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 7:31 am

When the snails are on the cucumber remove it and scrape them off. (into a bucket, your garden, the drain anywhere really) Keep doing that and you should get control of them.

White dots almost certainly snail eggs - do they look like white dots in clear jelly? if so snails for sure.
Back to top Go down

Snail problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snail problem   Snail problem Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 8:09 pm

Thats exactly what they look like - I have seen a few groups of them on the side of the glass.

Thanks indi, I didnt touch them in case they were from some of the fish
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Snail problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snail problem   Snail problem Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 6:06 am

Dont worry too much about the snails Eddie. I was as mad as Hell when I found I had them in my tank, but now I am used to them. I have found the best method is to squash them against the side of the tank and feed them to the fish - the lettuce technique didnt seem very effective.

Main thing is that they dont do any harm and the only problem is that they multiply like crazy, given the opportunity.
Back to top Go down
Rich
Frequent User
Frequent User
Rich

Number of posts : 1374
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Snail problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snail problem   Snail problem Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 11:50 pm

Zebra loaches... natures version of the Terminator as far as snails are concerned or a couple of snail eating snails Wink
Back to top Go down
https://tropicalfishfanatics.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Snail problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snail problem   Snail problem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Snail problem
Page 1 of 1