Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Big Bristlenose??

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Big Bristlenose?? Empty
PostSubject: Big Bristlenose??   Big Bristlenose?? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 1:20 am

can anyone tell me how big Bristlenose plecs get. I have been thinking of getting one because I thought they were a smallish fish (no more than 12-13cm), but I went into P@H and they had what I think was a BN and it was huge!

It was at least 21cm and from his belly to the top of his top fin (dorsal fin?) must have been about 10cm if not more. It was a really big fish!

Would this have been a BN or are there other plecs that look similar and grow to ths size?
Back to top Go down
indigoj
indigoj

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Big Bristlenose?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Bristlenose??   Big Bristlenose?? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 3:26 am

Big Bristlies can reach about 5" but the plec you describe is more likely to be a common plec or a sailfin plec - both grow huge (12-18") but are frequently seen at LFS.
Back to top Go down

Big Bristlenose??
Page 1 of 1