Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Got a new tank

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Got a new tank Empty
PostSubject: Got a new tank   Got a new tank Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 3:31 am

Well, I havent got it, but I have bought it and it's going to be delivered next week.. It's an AR620 (I think that's what it was called) and is 90litres so that will do for Goldie and the new goldfish I will get to keep her company.

So a couple of questions. Do I have to cycle the new tank? How soon can I go and get Goldie's little pal? Do all goldfish get on with each other (probably a really stupid question this Embarassed ) or are there certain types that get on better.

Thanks everyone Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Got a new tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got a new tank   Got a new tank Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 4:23 am

See carole, only had fish a couuple of weeks and already you have two tanks!

Well done on the new tank. Yes, it will need cycling, but you can speed up the process by squeezing some of the muck from your current filter onto the new filter. The add the ammonia as recommended in the Fishless cycling stickie. Don't hesitate to ask as many questions as you need to.

As for compatability. I have a fantail, and a black moor and they get on really well and neither grow to a massive size which is important.
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Got a new tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got a new tank   Got a new tank Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 7:59 am

As you can see, Diana has the same goldfish tank and it was my first tropical tank so good choice. Smile

I too have a Fantail and Black Moor that get on great. The main thing is not to mix the Common (i.e. "normal" looking) and Fancy goldfish (everything else basically) as the regular goldfish is a faster swimmer and will outcompete the Fancy variety for food. Wink

I also have a shoal of 10 White Cloud Mountain Minnows in with them which look great zipping around the tank but move quick enough not to become food although the Fantail did try to catch one initially but now takes no notice of them. For a while there, I was doing a fin count every morning though... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Got a new tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got a new tank   Got a new tank Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got a new tank
Page 1 of 1