Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Fish

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Matty
Matty

Number of posts : 1241
Registration date : 2007-12-15

fish - New Fish - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Fish   fish - New Fish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 9:44 am

Silly Mary Wink
Back to top Go down
http://gallery.mac.com/matthewbshaw

PostSubject: Re: New Fish   fish - New Fish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 2:32 am

Sorry for your losses Mary. Why do fish swim into things then they cant get out I have had to recue more stupid fish that try swim through this hole I have on like a fake log I would remove it but they would find somthing else to get stuck in lol Yep I vote for finding more blue ones they are a really nice colour.
mary wrote:
Btw, I'm loving the new sig. I bet you got a great kick out of typing all the marine stuff. Very Happy
I cant quite believe they are still alive and doing well infact I seem to have more luck with them than the tropicals dunno .
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: New Fish   fish - New Fish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 2:45 am

Well I'm obviously training my daughter (9) well. We went to two fish shops today to try and find more guppies and even though they had similar blue ones, she agreed with me that they didn't look the healthiest so we passed. Patience is a virtue when it comes to selecting good stock so I'll wait until my regular LFS gets them back in. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: New Fish   fish - New Fish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 5:03 am

When are you getting another betta Mary, or have you decided against that?
Back to top Go down
Matty
Matty

PostSubject: Re: New Fish   fish - New Fish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 5:36 am

Mary wrote:
Well I'm obviously training my daughter (9) well. We went to two fish shops today to try and find more guppies and even though they had similar blue ones, she agreed with me that they didn't look the healthiest so we passed. Patience is a virtue when it comes to selecting good stock so I'll wait until my regular LFS gets them back in. Smile

Are your sons not interested?? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

PostSubject: Re: New Fish   fish - New Fish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 5:56 am

None of them, Matty. The two year old occasionally passes a comment but the older two (5 and 12) have no interest. Wink
Back to top Go down
indigoj
indigoj

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2008-02-17

PostSubject: Re: New Fish   fish - New Fish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 7:10 am

Saw some beautiful black/silver/blue guppies today, their tails were blue - you'd have loved them... only problem? They are in Bolton, England.

My other half reckons the bettas died of shock due to the shape of the bi-orbe! (the way it distorts images)

It is the tank from hell, get rid and put the money towards your 6ft plec tank! (LOL)
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033

PostSubject: Re: New Fish   fish - New Fish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 7:13 am

Oh dont tempt her pleeeeese!!! :lol:
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

PostSubject: Re: New Fish   fish - New Fish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 8:36 am

indigoj wrote:
My other half reckons the bettas died of shock due to the shape of the bi-orbe! (the way it distorts images)

Well that's certainly a possibility although they all manifested different symptoms so I'm not sure. Anyway, it dawned on me today that the faux rock arch that I fixed a few months ago with superglue might possibly have been leaking toxins into the water so just to be on the safe side, I've taken it out and replaced it with a new one. Wink

The lone guppy doesn't seem to have any problem with the BiOrb and spends hours whizzing around the bowl. I'm going to my usual LFS tomorrow so hopefully I can pick him up some tankmates. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Fish   fish - New Fish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 8:52 am

That's a good possibility Mary, it could well have been the superglue. Did you have one of those "D'oh" banghead moments?
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

PostSubject: Re: New Fish   fish - New Fish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 8:58 am

driver wrote:
Did you have one of those "D'oh" banghead moments?

I certainly did. Although I had asked about it on a different forum and was assured it would be ok as marine fishkeepers use superglue to attach corals to live rock so I don't know...Plus zebra danios, a pearl gourami, female siamese fighter and molly had all been through the tank without any problems. Maybe the Bettas are just more sensitive or something. Well, even if it wasn't the glue, I feel happier now that it's out of the tank. Wink
Back to top Go down
Matty
Matty

PostSubject: Re: New Fish   fish - New Fish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 8:13 pm

driver wrote:
Did you have one of those "D'oh" banghead moments?

I get lots of them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033

PostSubject: Re: New Fish   fish - New Fish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 8:14 pm

We've noticed! :lol:
Back to top Go down
Matty
Matty

PostSubject: Re: New Fish   fish - New Fish - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 8:23 pm

silent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Fish   fish - New Fish - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Fish
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2