Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fish tank stand?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Fish tank stand? Empty
PostSubject: Fish tank stand?   Fish tank stand? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 3:19 am

When i purchased my tank many years ago it didn't come with a stand which was fine back then at my old house. However now i'm living in a new place and i'm wanting to set up my aquarium again, i dont have any suitable units for it to go on accept a large windowsill which i want to avoid.

I'm thinking that a metal stand can't be that hard to make too size. Can anybody point me in the right direction at contacting somebody who could do this for me?
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Fish tank stand? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish tank stand?   Fish tank stand? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 3:32 am

Yes, it's advisable to stay away from windows unless you want a lovely green algal bloom in your tank. Wink

Well I know that the Aquatic Design Centre in London make stuff but that's probably a bit far for you. Have you tried the Yellow Pages as I'm sure that any DIY person worth his salt could knock one up for you? However, maybe someone else has insider info....Smile
Back to top Go down
Matty
Matty

Number of posts : 1241
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Fish tank stand? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish tank stand?   Fish tank stand? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 3:55 am

Yeh try the yellow pages. If you have a friendly builder they might help you out! You could always go the wood route Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://gallery.mac.com/matthewbshaw
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033

Fish tank stand? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish tank stand?   Fish tank stand? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 4:21 am

Have a try here unison -

http://www.pets2home.co.uk/cat--Fish-Tank-Stand-Aquatic--Aqua_Tanks_Stands:10.html

They've got a few of various sizes and shapes
Back to top Go down

Fish tank stand? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish tank stand?   Fish tank stand? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 8:48 pm

Just read your reply's guys and gals...... many thanks, i'm sorting something out this week.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284

Fish tank stand? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish tank stand?   Fish tank stand? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 11:17 pm

Good luck with that, unison. I look forward to seeing the photos of your beautiful, bespoke fish stand...Wink Smile
Back to top Go down

Fish tank stand? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish tank stand?   Fish tank stand? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 1:06 am

Are you any good at DIY unison? I'm rubbish, but if you are handy you might be able to make t yourself?
Back to top Go down

Fish tank stand? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish tank stand?   Fish tank stand? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 12:35 am

I like to think that i'm alright at DIY but i wouldn't forgive myself if the stand that i made for some reason collapsed and the worst happened......

I used the link's to get an idea on price as previously posted by Diana(thanks).
If i do decide to go the DIY route then i'll be sure to take some pics.....
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033

Fish tank stand? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish tank stand?   Fish tank stand? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 12:38 am

Look forward to seeing it all when you've got things sorted unison.

Have you thought about fish that you will be getting?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fish tank stand? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish tank stand?   Fish tank stand? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fish tank stand?
Page 1 of 1