Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Betta (again!)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jkhsquonk
Not so Newbie
Not so Newbie
jkhsquonk

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2008-01-14

New Betta (again!) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Betta (again!)   New Betta (again!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 8:33 am

I think that's the best thing to do, that way you'll have more of a chance at success having made an educated decision. Besides it's fun to plan what you'll have & how to decorate the tank.
Jackie
Back to top Go down
http://jkhsquonk.ebsqart.com
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: New Betta (again!)   New Betta (again!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 8:44 am

I dont know about you Jackie, but I spent hours planning my fish stock when my tank was cycling, and I went to the lfs armed with a list of the fish I had decided upon - and came back with a totally different stock altogether Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
jkhsquonk
Not so Newbie
Not so Newbie
jkhsquonk

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: New Betta (again!)   New Betta (again!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 1:35 pm

I spend hours planning too, that's part of the fun. I used to just get what was on my list, I was very strict with myself. lol But nowadays I am more open to the unexpected. For instnace last fall when I got my latest betta, I was thinking a blue or green one, but ended up with an orangey one and a crowntail to boot. I'd never had a crowntail but this one looked cool, and reminded me of a tiger(hence the name 'Bengal'). He's not ferocious, though, quite friendly, like Mary's, he comes over to say "Hi" and "Is it dinner time yet?"
Jackie
Back to top Go down
http://jkhsquonk.ebsqart.com
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284

PostSubject: Re: New Betta (again!)   New Betta (again!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 6:22 am

Thanks Jackie - he was a lovely fish. That rainbow colouring is my favourite and very difficult to find - I've only found two in six months. Sadly, he succumbed to Finrot and died on Saturday. Sad

However, my LFS is getting 90 Betta splendens on Thursday so I'm hoping to find an equally nice specimen to replace him. Just to be on the safe side, I'm moving the six largest Amano shrimp into the 165L tank so there will only be two little ones to keep him company. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Betta (again!)   New Betta (again!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 8:19 am

Oh Mary thats such a shame.

Wow your going to have a great choice on thursday then. I really hope you have better luck with this next one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Betta (again!)   New Betta (again!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 8:51 am

Are you going to risk it again Mary? If you are I would try another tank, and not the orb, just in case they are snagging themselves or the Amano's are doing something.
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284

PostSubject: Re: New Betta (again!)   New Betta (again!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 9:08 am

Well, I was tempted to give up on them after losing #4 but apparently it's not unusual. Bettas have been intensively bred which has weakened the stock so it's a bit of a hit or miss to find a good specimen. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Betta (again!)   New Betta (again!) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Betta (again!)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2