Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tropical fish help please xx

Go down 
+2
Diana
carlee7311
6 posters
AuthorMessage
carlee7311

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-10-21

fish - Tropical fish help please xx Empty
PostSubject: Tropical fish help please xx   fish - Tropical fish help please xx Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 9:43 am

Hi i have a tank that is 26.4 gallons it measure 35cm high 29cm depth and 101cm lengh
and im woundering what fish will do well in this size tank ??

i would love some Kissing Gourami but dont know how big they get or room they need

Also im wanting pink and black gravel and was woundering whats best type to get i was thinking of sand? i did look at glass crystal type gravel but is this safe???? thanks im new to this so bare with me i want to get it right

thanks again xxxx

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tropical fish help please xx   fish - Tropical fish help please xx Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 6:02 pm

Hi and Welcome
someone will be along soon to advise you
but I Think the Kissing Get rather big

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/gourami/kissing.php
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Tropical fish help please xx   fish - Tropical fish help please xx Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 7:14 pm

Hiya carlee, and welcome to the forum.

For a tank that size the kissing gourami's would be way too big I'm afraid. Have you any other fish in mind?

As for gravel, it is mostly a matter of personal preference, as well as what fish you eventually decide upon. If you want to have any 'bottom dwelling fish' like cory's, bristlenose plecs or other types of catfish etc then they need a smooth edged gravel or sand otherwise they get injured.

Have a think of what sort of fish interest you, and if you want to put a list on here we will help you decide which would suit your tank.

Have you heard of the fishless cycle by the way? There is info on it in the articles section on this forum and doing it will save you losing fish later. Any problems just yell Smile
Back to top Go down
kausthubh
Not so Newbie
Not so Newbie
kausthubh

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Tropical fish help please xx   fish - Tropical fish help please xx Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 1:52 am

26.4 gallons, that's about a hundred litres. Plenty of fish that would go in there. You could put in a group of zebra danios, or maybe one or two pairs of angelfish... Swordtails and mollies too.......

Oh and how about tiger barbs?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tropical fish help please xx   fish - Tropical fish help please xx Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 1:53 am

angelfish K Dont think so.. they get pretty big too
well they need a deep tank.
Back to top Go down
kausthubh
Not so Newbie
Not so Newbie
kausthubh

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Tropical fish help please xx   fish - Tropical fish help please xx Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:08 am

Oh yeah i forgot about their height. they'll end up as tall as the tank one day.
Back to top Go down
carlee7311

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Tropical fish help please xx   fish - Tropical fish help please xx Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 3:09 pm

Hi thanks for the reply

im kinda wanting pink or black fish but after research ive found that id be lucky to find any pink fish

what sort of black fish are out there??

its not really essential there pink and black but im abit ocd and want them to fit in with my bedroom
sounds silly i kno haha like i say its not essential xx

gravel i dont have any trouble with ive found some nice black extra fine gravel and some pink so i think i will be getting that just from having gold fish years ago i remember the stones had to be really rinsed well or the dye ran althought the gravel i have found states it had been prewashed and only need rinsin xx

i have read about the cycling and i havent got any fish yet and want to get the tank ready first so probly wont have any for a while so thats
not a problem at all xx

a general list of fish that would do well in this tank would be great as i can research each fish and see what types i like thanks xxx

Back to top Go down
phishy07
Frequent User
Frequent User
phishy07

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2008-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Tropical fish help please xx   fish - Tropical fish help please xx Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 5:51 pm

in terms of black fish there are plenty. mollies are good beginner fish but remember to buy same sex (preferably females) or you will have millions (literally lol) by the end of the year as they are livebearers Smile

I've been looking at Paradise Fish for my tank (some come in black) they are very pretty fish if you google them.

Glowlight tetras give off an illuminous orange/pinky glow, this may be ideal for you if you get a big school they look stunning.

Also male siamese fighters come in some stunning colours also, but remember but only get 1 male or a group of females, although I always find males have better colours than the females.

Hope this helps and fish - Tropical fish help please xx 3199
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=675998013
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033

PostSubject: Re: Tropical fish help please xx   fish - Tropical fish help please xx Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 9:24 pm

Harlequin rasboras are a pinky colour and look great in a small shoal, and guppies (although they tend to be a bit weak at the mo) havve some lovely colouration. Stick to makes with them though.

Good to hear you are doing the fishless cycle - have you sussed out where you are getting your ammonia from?
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284

PostSubject: Re: Tropical fish help please xx   fish - Tropical fish help please xx Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 10:27 am

Tiger Barbs wouldn't be suitable at all I'm afraid. They need a tank of at least 150L and a minimum of ten to spread the aggression. Wink
Back to top Go down
dekker
dekker

Number of posts : 2030
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Tropical fish help please xx   fish - Tropical fish help please xx Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 1:54 am

i have harlequins rasboras and as diana says they are a very nice coloured fish and are very peaceful too, don't grow big at all, google any fish you like and have a look at the size they grow to, you will also see there colour and shape. hope-you get sorted plz keep us up to date on the progress. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tropical fish help please xx   fish - Tropical fish help please xx Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tropical fish help please xx
Page 1 of 1