Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Am i mixing the right fish?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Am i mixing the right fish? Empty
PostSubject: Am i mixing the right fish?   Am i mixing the right fish? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 3:17 am

i am going to put in 3 clown loaches 2 panda corrydoras 1 silver dollar 2 ram chiclids and 1 common pleco can someone tell me if ime putting the right fish together is it going to be a community tank?
Back to top Go down
kbekl
Frequent User
Frequent User
kbekl

Number of posts : 770
Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Am i mixing the right fish?   Am i mixing the right fish? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 3:25 am

i would say no to the common pleco and the clown as these will out grow most tanks i am affraid but their are plenty of smaller varieties of pleco with the clown they will need a 5ft or 6ft tank as they need to be kept in groups
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am i mixing the right fish?   Am i mixing the right fish? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 3:37 am

well if the clown loaches and pleco will outgrw the tank wha should i replace them with
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Am i mixing the right fish?   Am i mixing the right fish? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 3:57 am

kelvin rankin wrote:
i am going to put in 3 clown loaches 2 panda corrydoras 1 silver dollar 2 ram chiclids and 1 common pleco can someone tell me if ime putting the right fish together is it going to be a community tank?

Are these the fish for your 85litre tank kelvin? If so, then I would suggest a re-think. I think your previous question about how many fish you could have gave an answer of 18-19" of fish, well a single clown loach can grow to nearly that size!

3 clown loaches will give you about 54" of fish
2 Panda Corydoras will give you about 4" of fish
1 Silver dollar gives you about 5" of fish
2 ram cichlids gives you about 6" of fish
1 Common pleco gives you about 12" of fish

81" of fish in total (roughly) and way above the amount your size tank could handle.

If I were you I would forget completely about the Clown Loaches, Silver dollar and Common pleco as they all need a big tank.

Blue rams (Ram Cichlid) are lovely fish that I think like to be kept in groups. They are not recommended for beginners and have specific requirements as far as pH is concerned, but I think that some say that they can adjust to a slight variation in that.

Panda Corydoras are again a smaller fish that like to be kept in groups rather than alone or as a pair.

Either of those two fish may be ok, depending on your tank set up etc, but the others I would forget about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am i mixing the right fish?   Am i mixing the right fish? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 4:53 am

what would you recoment for me to put in my tank then.
Back to top Go down
kbekl
Frequent User
Frequent User
kbekl

Number of posts : 770
Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Am i mixing the right fish?   Am i mixing the right fish? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 5:37 am

you could always look at kribensis.

it all really depends on your preference

have a look in the setups section as their are quite a few tanks on their with alot of diferent fish

i had to give up my clown loaches as they got too big for my 4ft tank
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Am i mixing the right fish?   Am i mixing the right fish? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 5:43 am

Well that depends on what you like, but any of these would be nice, they are all classed as community fish and are fairly peaceful.

Harlequin Rasboras
Cardinal tetras
Neon tetras
Cherry barbs
Plattys
Guppys
Bristlenose plecs

Have a look in the Fish Breed Information section in The Tropical Freshwater part of the forum and you might find some helpful info.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Am i mixing the right fish?   Am i mixing the right fish? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Am i mixing the right fish?
Page 1 of 1