Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Decision Time

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Decision Time - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision Time   Decision Time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 1:31 am

hahaha hahaha laughing
Back to top Go down
Rich
Frequent User
Frequent User
Rich

Number of posts : 1374

PostSubject: Re: Decision Time   Decision Time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 11:30 pm

Just an update - I have ordered the tank - here it is (Ivebought the bigger 64lliter kit) - along with some fine black pea gravel and some rather nice silk plants (and one that has an air diffuser built into the plants base)

http://www.watergardeningdirect.com/acatalog/Complete-Aquarium-Kits.html

This is a good deal on this tank - I weas going to buy it from P@H but its still £30 cheaper on this site even taking into account the £20 for deliver Shocked

Unfortunatly - the space I have available doesnt allow me to get a 'longer' 60L tank - I weas hoping for a shallower, wider tank for shaoling - anyway - this tank is still double what the Glaxy raspberries are in now Wink

Its acrylic so im going to have to be careful with this and its called a 'beginners' tank - I dont know why any tank is labvled beginners - after all - its nothing more than a clear container at the end of the day.

I also got some fish the other day - they are in my galaxy tank atm - sadly they didnt have any cardinals so I got 12 Regular Neon Tetras and 12 'Wild Colour' (not wild caught) Green Neon Tetras

Picture Of Green Neons (doesnt show the green flash very wel)

Decision Time - Page 2 MyFishImage.php?n=136_greenneontetra

and anyone not sure what a Galaxy Raspberfrie is can look here (yes I know its a danio species but im stuck in my ays Very Happy)

http://www.thetropicaltank.co.uk/Fishindx/celestial_pearl_danio.htm

all links used withoiut owners consent - so if they dont like free advertising - thats their problem
Back to top Go down
https://tropicalfishfanatics.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Decision Time   Decision Time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 11:58 pm

Those galaxy fish look really great Rich, I havent seen them before.
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

PostSubject: Re: Decision Time   Decision Time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 12:23 am

Nice looking tank there Rich. Ever thought of havig a go at breeding the rasberries? What tanks have you got now by the way - I get easily confused Smile
Back to top Go down
Rich
Frequent User
Frequent User
Rich

PostSubject: Re: Decision Time   Decision Time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 2:02 am

I was (and still am) hoping the raspberries will breed - ive got everything in place that they seem to like (dark substrate and plenty of mossy plants)

I guess all i need to do is show them the video 'when a daddy fish loves a mummy fish very much...' Very Happy

As a side note - my rsberries seem much happier in a tgank when there are other fish around - I know ppl say keep em in single species tabnks to breed - but mine sulk in the corner when on their own - with other fish (be it baby swords or the tetras) they are out an about all the time

Maybe on the bigger tank they will do their thing Wink

Current tanks are the Rena Aqualife 100 (main community)

Aqua-art 30 (50 baby sword tails in it - my fry tank)

Arcadia Arc 35 (Current raspberrie tank being replaced with the new one)

The arcadia is a nice tank - just a shame they dont do a bigger one.
Back to top Go down
dekker
dekker

Number of posts : 2030
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Decision Time   Decision Time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 6:41 pm

nice range of tanks rich - i do like the new one very much sounds like a great setup
pics when you get it up and running plz.

dekker
Back to top Go down
Rich
Frequent User
Frequent User
Rich

PostSubject: Re: Decision Time   Decision Time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 4:09 am

Got the tank yesterday - set it up - transfered everything (OMG what a marfe of a job) - everything up n running - I basically put the ld filters on the new tank and also put the old gravel in witht he new (I got 1mm round black quartz gravel - said on th e pack 'just add to tank, already cleaned - I cleaned it anyway - glad I did as the water from it was coffee coloured)

Fish are in but not too happy today (hiding in among the masses of plants - all fake of course)

Will possibly post a pic later (im a bit busy today and will be afk for a few days from tomorrow)

Next week, Im planning on ordering some extra neons from tri mar (another 10) - two clown plecs and possibly 10 Emperor tetras (or rummy nose - they are lovely fish but a bit fragile)

Im also toying with the idea of perhaps putting two bolivian rams or something similar in at a later date.
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

PostSubject: Re: Decision Time   Decision Time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 5:53 am

Glad you got it all set up ok Rich Smile
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284

PostSubject: Re: Decision Time   Decision Time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 6:57 am

Sounds like a major job, Rich but glad you got it all sorted. I definitely recommend the Bolivian Rams though - one of my favourites. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dekker
dekker

PostSubject: Re: Decision Time   Decision Time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 5:50 pm

sounds like a great setup rich looking forward to pics - like the choice of fish.

dekker
Back to top Go down
Rich
Frequent User
Frequent User
Rich

PostSubject: Re: Decision Time   Decision Time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 8:31 pm

Mary wrote:
Sounds like a major job, Rich but glad you got it all sorted. I definitely recommend the Bolivian Rams though - one of my favourites. Very Happy

Well - already got three in my main tank so would like something different - thinking of German Blue Rams or Golden Rams instead
Back to top Go down
dekker
dekker

PostSubject: Re: Decision Time   Decision Time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 2:34 am

the golden rams look nice

dekker
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284

PostSubject: Re: Decision Time   Decision Time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 9:36 am

Rich wrote:
Well - already got three in my main tank so would like something different - thinking of German Blue Rams or Golden Rams instead

Same species, just different colour variants AFAIK... study
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Decision Time   Decision Time - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Decision Time
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2