Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Disaster time

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Disaster time Empty
PostSubject: Disaster time   Disaster time Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 9:17 pm

Hi gang havent been on for ages coz have been busy moving house. now in a big flat which is the whole bottom floor a a great big Victorian house so theres loads of room. had a bit of a disaster though moving the tank. emptied it all, kept some tank water for setting it back up again, kept the fish in tubs with heater and filter and they all made the move ok. The tank didnt though.

Got it all set up new in the dinning room and saw it was leaking from a crack on the side of the tank. just a small crack but a steady drool of water coming out and i was worried it might just spread if i filled it full up of water. ended up just half filling it, putting some fish in there and keeping the rest in their temporary homes and went out dashing round the shops looking for a tank I could have delivered quick.

Ended up getting one like this
http://www.seapets.co.uk/product-details/stkcode/970434/category/939.html

and with the help of a few mates and a van got it all set up in an afternoon and evening.

The fish are all settled in it now but I am just wondering, this tank is bigger than the last one, and I have the old filter going as well as the new one too. is there going to be a bit of a cycle going on?? The water tests ok up to now but just wondering??
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Disaster time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster time   Disaster time Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 3:11 am

Hiya driver, what an disaster!! Nice to get a new tank though, and it looks a good one too.

If you havent got any more fish then it should all be ok I think, your old filter is still just dealing with the same bio load. If you have any new fish then there could be a spike, so just keep doing tests and water changes as needed.

Welcome back by the way, glad your house move is all done now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Disaster time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster time   Disaster time Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 8:10 am

Oh, major drama! Shocked

Well as someone who's had two leaking tanks in the last few months, you might want to know that it's fairly straightforward to fix, provided that the crack isn't too big.

Ordinary aquarium sealant should do the trick - you just have to make sure that the tank is perfectly dry and once the sealant is on, leave it to "cure" for as long as possible. Wink
Back to top Go down

Disaster time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster time   Disaster time Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 12:00 am

That looks a nice tank driver, hope your fishies like their new home Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Disaster time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster time   Disaster time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disaster time
Page 1 of 1