Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dead Danio...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Dead Danio... Empty
PostSubject: Dead Danio...   Dead Danio... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 9:33 am

Awww...when I was doing a water change on my 165L tank today, I found the last of my zebra danios dead in the plants. This was the last of an original group of four and I'd had it about eight months. I had kind of gone off them which is why I hadn't replaced its shoalmates when they died but I still felt kind of sad to find it like that. I've no idea what it died of as it had been eating and swimming fine up to yesterday...oh well, RIP little danio. Sad

Oh and before you ask, water stats. were ammonia-nitrite 0-0 and nitrate 10ppm. Smile
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Dead Danio... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Danio...   Dead Danio... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 9:41 am

Awww Mary, sorry to hear that. Maybe he was just old No
Back to top Go down
http://www.stefbennettphotography.com
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Dead Danio... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Danio...   Dead Danio... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 10:27 am

I don't think so as the LFS has a high turnover of zebra danios due to them being a popular "starter fish". It had always looked a bit scrawny to me so I don't think it was a very good specimen to begin with so it's a bit amazing that it lasted this long. All my TLC, I guess. Wink
Back to top Go down

Dead Danio... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Danio...   Dead Danio... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 8:18 pm

aww poor danio.

What are you going to replace it with Wink.
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Dead Danio... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Danio...   Dead Danio... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 10:59 pm

Not going to replace it, Gypsy...if anything I was slightly overstocked in that tank anyway so at least its death will make conditions better for the other fish. Smile
Back to top Go down

Dead Danio... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Danio...   Dead Danio... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 7:19 am

Sometimes its a good thing in disguise when a fish or two dies because it can give the rest a bit of extra space or peace etc.
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Dead Danio... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Danio...   Dead Danio... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 8:41 am

That's true driver. Actually I wasn't overstocked just yet but I would've been once I added the otos and Angelfish (still trying to persuade Rebecca not to get one) so at least the danio has freed up a little bit of room. Might sound heartless but I'm just looking at the practical side of things. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dead Danio... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Danio...   Dead Danio... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dead Danio...
Page 1 of 1