Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

sick fish

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

fish - sick fish Empty
PostSubject: sick fish   fish - sick fish Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 8:24 pm

I lost one of my goldfish yesterday - the lovely fantail. I had been a bit worried about it for a few days - it had just become a bit subdued (sounds a bit daft when describing a fish), but it used to lie on the bottom of the tank with its head in the corner, although it did come out for food, and would swim round for periods.

Anyway, yesterday it started to swim a bit funny, sort of on its side a bit. I did a decent water change although the water was fine, put a bit of melafix in for good measure, and put the bubbles on to give a bit more oxygen, but this morning it was dead.

There were no marks at all, no swellings or anything. Any ideas what might have been happening to it and if its likely to affect the remaining fish? I'll get him a little playmate when I know he's ok.
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

fish - sick fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: sick fish   fish - sick fish Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 10:04 pm

Ah, thats a shame carole. By the sound of it yoiu did all you could. Could perhaps have been swimbladder problem? Give the other little fella some veggies, and I think you can buy swimbladder treatments from the lfs. I think there might be some info on swimbladder in the fish diseases section - might be worth having a read.
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

fish - sick fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: sick fish   fish - sick fish Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 6:44 am

Ah no that's a shame Carole. Sad

If there was nothing clearly visible, then it could've been some kind of internal bacterial infection. Fish tend to go downhill quite fast with those and there's not much you can do about it unfortunately. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

fish - sick fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: sick fish   fish - sick fish Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

sick fish
Page 1 of 1