Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cory Feeding

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Cory Feeding Empty
PostSubject: Cory Feeding   Cory Feeding Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 6:04 am

Can I just check on how I am feeding these little things? I have 6 cory's and two BN's all mucking around on the bottom. When I just had the BN's I used to feed them 4xweekly - either veggies or pellets.

I am not sure how I should be feeding the cory's. I have catfish pellets and have been giving them some of that, but will they also eat the BN's stuff, and do I need to feed them seperately, or just carry on with the 4x a week regime and they will all muck in together?
Back to top Go down
indigoj
indigoj

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Cory Feeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cory Feeding   Cory Feeding Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 6:11 am

I'd stick the catfish pellets in maybe 3xweekly and continue feeding the bristlies 4xweekly and see how they get on. They will nibble at all the other food you put in - including flake when it sinks. Any pics yet? (or am I being dumb and have missed them?)
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Cory Feeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cory Feeding   Cory Feeding Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 6:59 am

No, ytou're not being dumb - apart from the fact you expect me to get a fish photo that looks anything other than a smudge on the glass.

I will make a real effort next week to get a decent photo of them. They are really active little beggars though :lol:

So, if understand you right - Feed the BN's their stuff as normal, and on top of that feed the cory's 3x weekly too. Do they eat stuff like cucumber, peas etc too like the BN's?

Sorry, just thought of another question - whats the best time of day to feed them - nightime like the plecs or doesnt matter?
Back to top Go down
indigoj
indigoj

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Cory Feeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cory Feeding   Cory Feeding Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 7:18 am

They may eat veg, my peppered corys are pigs so eat anything!

I feed in the evening but that is because that is when I have time to sit and observe to check them over.

If I remember correctly panda corys are a bit more sensitive and picky than peppered ones so I would definitely feed them specificly at least at first.

Last edited by indigoj on Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:20 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : my atrocious typing!)
Back to top Go down
kbekl
Frequent User
Frequent User
kbekl

Number of posts : 770
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Cory Feeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cory Feeding   Cory Feeding Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 7:23 am

well all of mine are greedy little so and so's as they get fed at the same time as all the others and they will eat the plec's waffers as well as their veggies

i feed tetra prima to all my fish and flake and live food
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cory Feeding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cory Feeding   Cory Feeding Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cory Feeding
Page 1 of 1