Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

cory behaviour

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

cory behaviour Empty
PostSubject: cory behaviour   cory behaviour Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 11:08 pm

does anyone know about corys and how they behave? I had 5 of these little chaps but one died the other week, so 4 now. Thing is, they used to be out and about in the tank all the time, swimming about all over the place and mooching about the bottom of the tank too. It was great to watch them they were so busy.

Now though they seem really quiet, and a lot of the time I cant even see them, they seem to be hiding in the ornaments etc. Its as if they have gone shy all of a sudden but I cant see it being that.

Any idea why their behavious will have changed and if its something to worry about?
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

cory behaviour Empty
PostSubject: Re: cory behaviour   cory behaviour Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 12:33 am

Have you checked yoir water stats lately fishfan? you mention that one of them has died and I think corys are sensitive to water chemistry so it might be worth checking that. Make sure the filter is working well too.

As for behaviour, as far as I am aware corys are quite active and gregarious, although do have a habit of playing dead just to make sure you are paying attention Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

cory behaviour Empty
PostSubject: Re: cory behaviour   cory behaviour Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 2:46 am

The water's all ok Diana, no problems there. I wonder if it's the lights - Ive recently bought two new light strips and the tank does seem a fair bit brighter than it used to be.

Would that bother them?
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

cory behaviour Empty
PostSubject: Re: cory behaviour   cory behaviour Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 3:00 am

It's a possibility Fishfan. They might just be taking a bit of time to get used to the brighter lights.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

cory behaviour Empty
PostSubject: Re: cory behaviour   cory behaviour Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cory behaviour
Page 1 of 1