Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Plants and fish help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

fish - Plants and fish help Empty
PostSubject: Plants and fish help   fish - Plants and fish help Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 3:14 am

Hello fellow fanatics :lol: . Could anyone recommend some easy to care for plants . I have a Juewll 120litre tank and have guppy, cardinal tetras, mollies and plattys. I also want to get some sort of plec but dont know what would be the best.

Hope someone van give me a bit of advice, thanks

Richard
Back to top Go down
GeordieDave
Frequent User
Frequent User
GeordieDave

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Plants and fish help   fish - Plants and fish help Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 3:49 am

Bristlenose plec for a tank that size.

Plants I cant really help you much sorry
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Plants and fish help   fish - Plants and fish help Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 5:15 am

Hiya Richard. I cant help you much on the plants. I do have some but cant remember any of the names of them I'm afraid. If its any use there are a couple of photos of my tank in the plants section, and Mary has kindly named some of the plants.

There are also some links there that are for various plans suppliers, and there is some useful information on them about what are the best plants for various size tanks etc.

If you give us a bit of information on your tank we will be able to help with fish choices - what size is it, how many fish do you have in it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plants and fish help   fish - Plants and fish help Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 5:41 am

Thanks Diana. OK well the tank is a Juwell 120 (120litres). According to the info it also has -

Light System with 1 x 25 W tube
JUWEL Filter System: Compact

Size: 101 x 46 x 31cm

As for fish, I have 5 Guppies - 1 male 4 female
6 Cardinal Tetras
4 Plattys - dont know what sex
4 mollies - dont know what sex

Hope that helps a bit Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Plants and fish help   fish - Plants and fish help Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 7:22 am

IME Easy care plants are those that don't have high light requirements so I've been quite successful with Cryptocorynes, Amazon Sword, Bacopa, Anubias nana, Java Fern and Java Moss (the latter three don't need to be planted but are usually either tied to rocks and bogwood or just pushed into holes and crevices). Vallis species are also quite good as they grow fast. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plants and fish help   fish - Plants and fish help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Plants and fish help
Page 1 of 1