Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Frozen food

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Frozen food Empty
PostSubject: Frozen food   Frozen food Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 1:43 am

Hi everyone, yet another question I'm afraid! I've bought some frozen food for the fish but I dont know the best way to feed it. Do I defrost it first or just put it in the tank and the fish will eat it as it melts? Also is there any difference between freeze dried and frozen food as far as which is best for the fish?
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Frozen food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen food   Frozen food Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 5:15 am

Hiya noobs 1. I think most people defrost the frozen stuff before they feed it. I put a bit of warm tank water on it, leave it for a while and then drain it before putting it in the tank.

Nutritionally, I dont think there is any difference between the freeze dried and frozen. With the freeze dried, I just do the same as I do with the frozen to soften it.

By the way, when you are a fishy expert, what is your username going to be? :lol:
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Frozen food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen food   Frozen food Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 5:42 am

I put my frozen food cubes in a fish net in a cup and pour boiling water over it. Leave it for a few mins., give it a stir and rinse with cold water before you put in the tank. Wink
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Frozen food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen food   Frozen food Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:14 am

I'd just add... depends what it is but I guess, as others have, it's the cubes of bloodworm/daphnia etc. So yes, defrost in net & drop in, as already stated Very Happy
I have some in a dispenser, cant think of the name...but you pop it in as is, it comes in a container like a sweetener does & you just press the button & in it drops
Back to top Go down
http://www.stefbennettphotography.com
Sponsored content

Frozen food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen food   Frozen food Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Frozen food
Page 1 of 1