Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WEIRD CREATURES

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

WEIRD CREATURES Empty
PostSubject: WEIRD CREATURES   WEIRD CREATURES Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 3:34 am

I have noticed on the front and side of my betta/plec tank there is an outbreak of some sort of weird lifeform!

All in all there are about 40 of them, varying in size from pinprick size to approx 2mm.

They seem to be inside a clear jelly sac, white/creamy colour and the bigger ones of wh atever they are can be seen to be moving inside the sac.

They are not in groups, but individually attached to the glass. I dont think they are snails because I have had snails before and this is nothing like that.

Any ideas what they are and what I do to get rid of them?? WEIRD CREATURES 553110 WEIRD CREATURES Confused WEIRD CREATURES 876616
Back to top Go down
dekker
dekker

Number of posts : 2030
Registration date : 2008-08-26

WEIRD CREATURES Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEIRD CREATURES   WEIRD CREATURES Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 5:12 am

sorry diana never seen or heard of anything like that sound very odd indeed maybe rich can help when he comes on site

dekker
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

WEIRD CREATURES Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEIRD CREATURES   WEIRD CREATURES Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 7:11 am

They are weird little things dekks, I have never had anything like them before so am at a loss to be honest
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284

WEIRD CREATURES Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEIRD CREATURES   WEIRD CREATURES Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 8:43 am

Ewwwwwwwww...WEIRD CREATURES 36977
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

WEIRD CREATURES Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEIRD CREATURES   WEIRD CREATURES Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 9:37 am

That just about sums it up Mary!
Back to top Go down
Rich
Frequent User
Frequent User
Rich

Number of posts : 1374

WEIRD CREATURES Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEIRD CREATURES   WEIRD CREATURES Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:31 am

have you tried looking on the tinterweb for 'aquarium parasites' and similar searches?

If you dont like the look of them, and they are on the glass, then use a razor to remove them and bin them (not down the loo or sink - but the bin)

Other than that - you could try an invert killing med just to be sure they are not also on your fish.

Another place to try is asking a university - like plymouth or bangor - or any that deal with fish as part of there course list.

Im sure the answer is out there somewhere - but personally - id rather kill first and ask questions later to protect the fish, and possibly you (you dont want a strange bug burrowing into your skin do you?)
Back to top Go down
https://tropicalfishfanatics.forumotion.com
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

WEIRD CREATURES Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEIRD CREATURES   WEIRD CREATURES Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:40 pm

Sounds a bit gross Diana, did you manage to get rid of them?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WEIRD CREATURES Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEIRD CREATURES   WEIRD CREATURES Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WEIRD CREATURES
Page 1 of 1