Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CHILLED OUT BETTA

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

CHILLED OUT BETTA Empty
PostSubject: CHILLED OUT BETTA   CHILLED OUT BETTA Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 11:04 pm

Well, following the death of my sole remaining goldfish I converted the coldwater tank into a tropical and moved Max the red male betta into it so he wouldn't be stuck on his own in the back bedroom anymore.

Today, I have given him some new tankmates - a really small BN which has disappeared hiding somewhere and five female cherry barbs. He did a bit of posturing while they were in the bag getting acclimatised, but has been swimming round them happy as Larry since they were put in the water.

I'll keep a close eye on things and if push comes to shove can always transfer the new fish over to the main tank so no problems there, but fingers crossed all is ok. I must have a placid betta Smile

They didnt have any oto's which is what I really went to get but will add a couple later on.
Only worry now is that I have had to add them straight into the tank because I have used the q tank heater:scared: I have never had any problems with the fish bought from this shop so fingers crossed it will be ok

Just seen the tiny bsaby BN out munching on the glass so he's ok too Smile
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284

CHILLED OUT BETTA Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHILLED OUT BETTA   CHILLED OUT BETTA Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 9:56 am

Awww, he'll love his new palace. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

CHILLED OUT BETTA Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHILLED OUT BETTA   CHILLED OUT BETTA Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 8:41 pm

I went and got a little betta a couple of weeks ago - dark blue, lovely little fish. He's so tame he swimms right up to my fingers and feeds from my hand! Never knew they were such entertaining little fish - would love to have a go at breeding them so will be looking for tips and help soon Smile
Back to top Go down
dekker
dekker

Number of posts : 2030
Registration date : 2008-08-26

CHILLED OUT BETTA Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHILLED OUT BETTA   CHILLED OUT BETTA Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 11:10 pm

CHILLED OUT BETTA Fish013-1

this is my new betta a red crowntail

dekker
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

CHILLED OUT BETTA Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHILLED OUT BETTA   CHILLED OUT BETTA Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 1:37 am

Oh he's a beauty, dekker. What did you call him?
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

CHILLED OUT BETTA Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHILLED OUT BETTA   CHILLED OUT BETTA Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 3:13 am

Lovely looking fish dekks, thanks for the photo's.

Thats what my fella looks like although unfortunately his fins are very ragggedy. He managed to get himself trapped in the spray bar in his tank - never managed to figure out how because it was all connected!

I just happened to notice that I couldnt see him and after a big search of the tank realised where he was. I had to shake him out of the bar and when he flopped back into the water he was almost white in colour and I really expected him to die, but he recovered really well and is fine now.

Unfortunately his fins have never recovered, despite clean water and a few doses of Melafix too. Anyone get any ideas what else could be done to improve it? I'll try and get a decent photo tomorrow although my fish pics are usually rubbish.
Back to top Go down
dekker
dekker

CHILLED OUT BETTA Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHILLED OUT BETTA   CHILLED OUT BETTA Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 4:52 am

he may just need time to recover by himself - but i dont see his fins improving from
his ordeal thou

have you noticed my post is on 5/6 times don't know what happened there
could you sort it for me diana or mary - thanks in advance

dekker
Back to top Go down
dekker
dekker

CHILLED OUT BETTA Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHILLED OUT BETTA   CHILLED OUT BETTA Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 4:56 am

hi mary never thought about a name for him but red baron comes to mind

what do you think

dekker
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

CHILLED OUT BETTA Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHILLED OUT BETTA   CHILLED OUT BETTA Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 6:18 am

Just noticed my little fellow has built himself a lovely bubble nest in the corner of the tank!

Awwh, poor thing - maybe I should get him a little girlfriend?
Back to top Go down
dekker
dekker

CHILLED OUT BETTA Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHILLED OUT BETTA   CHILLED OUT BETTA Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 9:12 pm

sounds like that's what he needs diana

dekker
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

CHILLED OUT BETTA Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHILLED OUT BETTA   CHILLED OUT BETTA Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 9:23 pm

Well all the bubbles have gone this morning so maybe he has decided he prefers the single life Smile

I will have a think about that though - I have never seen a female betta in the shops round here though so may have to look further afield. She could be kept in the main community tank as there is plenty of fiish space in there. CHILLED OUT BETTA Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

CHILLED OUT BETTA Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHILLED OUT BETTA   CHILLED OUT BETTA Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 10:21 pm

My betta hasnt built a thing yet - maybe he's too lazy!
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

CHILLED OUT BETTA Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHILLED OUT BETTA   CHILLED OUT BETTA Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 9:43 am

dekker wrote:
hi mary never thought about a name for him but red baron comes to mind

Nice. Appropriately lofty... CHILLED OUT BETTA Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
dekker
dekker

CHILLED OUT BETTA Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHILLED OUT BETTA   CHILLED OUT BETTA Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 5:37 pm

cheers mary

dekker
Back to top Go down
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

CHILLED OUT BETTA Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHILLED OUT BETTA   CHILLED OUT BETTA Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 9:05 pm

Have you still got your betta Mary? Remember when you had loads of problems with them and they kept dying - that was a bad time wasnt it!
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

CHILLED OUT BETTA Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHILLED OUT BETTA   CHILLED OUT BETTA Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 8:36 am

I do, Fishfan. Sixth time lucky! CHILLED OUT BETTA Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
dekker
dekker

CHILLED OUT BETTA Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHILLED OUT BETTA   CHILLED OUT BETTA Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 5:22 pm

fingers crossed here mary

dekker
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CHILLED OUT BETTA Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHILLED OUT BETTA   CHILLED OUT BETTA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CHILLED OUT BETTA
Page 1 of 1