Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Solitary Betta

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Solitary Betta Empty
PostSubject: Solitary Betta   Solitary Betta Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 7:13 am

Wrell my poor old betta is on his own again tonight.

He and the male BN that was in with him have been fighting each other like World War 3 had been declared - chasing each other round the tank, charging each other and butting heads - it was crazy!

I caught the small BN and transferred him into the big tank, where the big BN will keep him in check I think, so poor old Max is now on his own in a 100 litre tank.

Think I might play safe and just get some shrimp to go in with him - I dont think I will have problems with them fighting with him - I hope!
Back to top Go down
Rich
Frequent User
Frequent User
Rich

Number of posts : 1374

Solitary Betta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solitary Betta   Solitary Betta Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 7:51 am

How about something that is either larger then max or simply a shoal of something faster that will leave him be and probably visa versa

if it makes you feel better - my last female betta is nasty to the baby BN's and guppys I have - the betta has managed to kill a few as it happens
Back to top Go down
https://tropicalfishfanatics.forumotion.com
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284

Solitary Betta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solitary Betta   Solitary Betta Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 8:51 am

That's a fairly palatial Bachelor Pad for your Betta. Smile
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Solitary Betta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solitary Betta   Solitary Betta Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 4:22 am

Rich wrote:
How about something that is either larger then max or simply a shoal of something faster that will leave him be and probably visa versa

if it makes you feel better - my last female betta is nasty to the baby BN's and guppys I have - the betta has managed to kill a few as it happens

Well I thought it would be ok to keep some cherry barbs in with him but they turned into the fish from Hell and had to be put in the big tank, so not sure about the shoaling suggestion.

To be honest, it wasn't Max (the betta) that started the fights, it was the BN - cheeky sod, he's only little but obviously thought he was the boss! The plec used to launch himself at Max, who would then try and retaliate but usually ended up running away!
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Solitary Betta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solitary Betta   Solitary Betta Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 4:24 am

Mary wrote:
That's a fairly palatial Bachelor Pad for your Betta. Smile

It certainly is Mary, although the tank looks a bit weird with just a single, small fish parading about in it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Solitary Betta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solitary Betta   Solitary Betta Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 10:28 am

I bet he's loving it though! laughing

IME Betta coexist just fine with Otos and Amano Shrimp. Smile
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Solitary Betta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solitary Betta   Solitary Betta Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 9:53 pm

They are next on the list Mary
Back to top Go down
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Solitary Betta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solitary Betta   Solitary Betta Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 6:36 am

He might just prefer to stay on his own Diana although a tank that size would look good with something else in there too I think
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Solitary Betta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solitary Betta   Solitary Betta Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 10:02 am

Oh you'll love the Otos and Shrimp, Diana. Busy, busy little guys and great fun to watch. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Solitary Betta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solitary Betta   Solitary Betta Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Solitary Betta
Page 1 of 1