Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

this is a brill idea !!!!

Go down 
+4
Rich
Diana
OwNz
dekker
8 posters
AuthorMessage

this is a brill idea !!!! Empty
PostSubject: this is a brill idea !!!!   this is a brill idea !!!! Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 3:44 am

ok you all know E is a bit of a Bugger bite-ing shark
well I now use this.>>> lol

Backscratcher.

this is a brill idea !!!! Ao3jmv

he can bite this all he wants its plastic.
and it reaches the bottom ok.
so i can rake through the gravel

I Use one of these in the marine tank too to pick up and arrange corals,
its like my 3rd hand...lol
Back to top Go down
dekker
dekker

Number of posts : 2030
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: this is a brill idea !!!!   this is a brill idea !!!! Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 4:23 pm

nice idea chez - bet that has elvis confused lol!

dekker
Back to top Go down
OwNz
Not so Newbie
Not so Newbie

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2009-04-28

PostSubject: Re: this is a brill idea !!!!   this is a brill idea !!!! Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:34 pm

what fish we talking about what bites here ? lol the oscar ?
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: this is a brill idea !!!!   this is a brill idea !!!! Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:36 pm

I think chez is now a few fingers less, thanks to both the Oscar and Nemo. She must just have really appealing fingers laughing
Back to top Go down
OwNz
Not so Newbie
Not so Newbie

PostSubject: Re: this is a brill idea !!!!   this is a brill idea !!!! Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:37 pm

haha never had that problem been bite off my breeding pair of geo brasili's when they had spawned and he would not let go that hurt !
Back to top Go down
Rich
Frequent User
Frequent User
Rich

Number of posts : 1374

PostSubject: Re: this is a brill idea !!!!   this is a brill idea !!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 3:06 am

ive been spiked a couple of times by fish - actually the most painful was from an oto

worst bite of all time was from a Kia Parrot - nearly took my thumb off :O
Back to top Go down
https://tropicalfishfanatics.forumotion.com
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284

PostSubject: Re: this is a brill idea !!!!   this is a brill idea !!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 7:34 am

What a great idea, chez. I hate putting my hands in the water so I use a pair of aquarium tongs to add/remove veg and plant weights. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
OwNz
Not so Newbie
Not so Newbie

PostSubject: Re: this is a brill idea !!!!   this is a brill idea !!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 7:39 am

i love my hands in the water thats the best thing about fish keeping just i put them in when my breeding pair was breeding not a good thing to do lol
Back to top Go down
dekker
dekker

PostSubject: Re: this is a brill idea !!!!   this is a brill idea !!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 4:26 pm

off to get myself a back scratcher now - may try it in tank as well

lol!

dekker
Back to top Go down
munchycarrot
Top Poster
Top Poster
munchycarrot

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: this is a brill idea !!!!   this is a brill idea !!!! Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 2:39 am

maybe you have 'fish fingers' chez Rolling Eyes

Great idea Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.stefbennettphotography.com
OwNz
Not so Newbie
Not so Newbie

PostSubject: Re: this is a brill idea !!!!   this is a brill idea !!!! Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 5:23 am

i aint happy i jinxed my self today at work i was hand feeding the oscar and it jumped out and bite me !!! i jinxed my self cause of you chez ! i blame you !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: this is a brill idea !!!!   this is a brill idea !!!! Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 5:32 am

hahaha shark
it makes you jump doesan't it..lol
Back to top Go down
OwNz
Not so Newbie
Not so Newbie

PostSubject: Re: this is a brill idea !!!!   this is a brill idea !!!! Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 5:33 am

ow yes and swear when people was in the shop lol he is a big guy too !
i didnt get chance to get the tank lid of before he had my finger in his mouth lol
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

PostSubject: Re: this is a brill idea !!!!   this is a brill idea !!!! Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 9:15 am

My dwarf hamster woke in a bad mood this morning and lunged herself at my hand when I was putting her food bowl in the cage. Maybe I should use the tongs in future... laughing
Back to top Go down
Rich
Frequent User
Frequent User
Rich

PostSubject: Re: this is a brill idea !!!!   this is a brill idea !!!! Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 12:26 pm

Dwarf hamsters are nippy anyway - cute but feisty - like gremlins Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dekker
dekker

PostSubject: Re: this is a brill idea !!!!   this is a brill idea !!!! Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 3:40 am

i'm waiting for horace to get a hold of chez's fingers

dekker
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

PostSubject: Re: this is a brill idea !!!!   this is a brill idea !!!! Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 6:30 am

Shocked lol!
Back to top Go down
GeordieDave
Frequent User
Frequent User
GeordieDave

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: this is a brill idea !!!!   this is a brill idea !!!! Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 7:22 am

is that those hmm how do i spell it...cyrian?

I had one many years ago and it used to be a tiny ninja hamster...EVILLLLL!

However today I was at my fishs temp house and helped him clean the tanks out and hamme down my reef bone (long story)

The decorator crab took a fancy to my thumb..little bugger!!! he will be going the journey when I got the tank set up!!
Back to top Go down
Rich
Frequent User
Frequent User
Rich

PostSubject: Re: this is a brill idea !!!!   this is a brill idea !!!! Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 10:53 am

Syrian is the name of regular pet hamster

Many different names for the dwarf ones, ie Russian Hamster, Dwarf Hamsters, plus others, those are the little ones - in Germany - I believe the wild hamsters grow nr the size of guninea pigs and are a real pest to farmers as they steal n hoard so much food

Point ofq interest- syrian hamsters are believed to e extinct in the wild - I think it was 1907 when a scientist dug out a burrow in the syrian desert and found 7 hamsters - some died in transit - the rest are the origgins of all pet hamsters (of the syrian type) in the world

Fact number two (if you dont think they can breed fast enough to create the above numbers) a hamster is of breeding age at 7 week old I believe they are in the guiness book of records for this - and similarly (like most rodents) on giving birth, they are ready to breed again (oh stop screaming woman - i boiled the kettle n got towels what more do you want - dinner?) Very Happy

yes im full of useless crud Very Happy

My sister said tip of the day - dont hold a hamster after holding a chinchilla - the hamster will object to the smell and show you what real pain is all about Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

PostSubject: Re: this is a brill idea !!!!   this is a brill idea !!!! Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 8:59 am

Rich wrote:
My sister said tip of the day - dont hold a hamster after holding a chinchilla - the hamster will object to the smell and show you what real pain is all about

I'll try to remember that. Shocked

My dwarf hamster is a Winter White/Siberian/Russian Dwarf. AFAIK the names are interchangeable. Wink
Back to top Go down
Rich
Frequent User
Frequent User
Rich

PostSubject: Re: this is a brill idea !!!!   this is a brill idea !!!! Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 9:52 am

yup = the other commonly sold one (whether its same thing i m not sure) is fwartzoffski or something weird like that

I used to make mine white - real easy Wink a roller and a can of dulux - actually - lower the room temp and suround the cage with white paper and you can con them into thinkinging its snowing and they put on winter camo (all white)
Back to top Go down
Fishfan
Frequent User
Frequent User

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: this is a brill idea !!!!   this is a brill idea !!!! Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 1:47 am

You can always use it on Malc if he gets out of hand too chez Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: this is a brill idea !!!!   this is a brill idea !!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

this is a brill idea !!!!
Page 1 of 1