Tropical Fish Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly Forum For All Tropical Fishkeeping and Aquarium Chat

HomeWELCOME TO TROPGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy Empty
PostSubject: my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy   my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 9:03 am

here's alot of opics of mostly my oscar

full tank shot. this is an older photo

my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy DSCF1449-1

reginald the oscar. by the way reginald is a girl i found that out after i named her

my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy DSCF1491-1

my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy DSCF1494-1

my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy DSCF1498-1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy   my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 9:26 am

my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy DSCF1501-1

my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy DSCF1502-1

my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy DSCF1505-1
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy   my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 9:38 am

Ah, s/he's lovely Gary. Unusual colouring too. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy   my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 10:09 am

Mary wrote:
Ah, s/he's lovely Gary. Unusual colouring too. Wink

the colouring is quite unusual that's the main reason i bought her. a bargin realy she was 5 inches when i bought her and only cost £10.

the reason why i know she is a girl is because she tried to spawn with my severum who is definatly a guy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy   my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 10:13 am

fire head cichlid

my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy DSCF1495-1

the severum named the bishop.

my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy DSCF1499-1

the severum again. now consider the air stone he is resting in front of is 12 inches long

my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy DSCF1504-1

my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy DSCF1499-1

action shot of severum chasing fire head.

my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy DSCF1503-1

jack dempsy they're lovely fish no where near as agressive as their known to be.

my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy DSCF1500-1
Back to top Go down
Mary
Administrator
Administrator
Mary

Number of posts : 4284

PostSubject: Re: my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy   my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 10:29 am

Wow, they're gorgeous, Gary. Are they all in the same tank then?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy   my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 11:01 am

yup their all in the vision 260. there are a couple of disagreements every so often but there is never any violence usualy just a couple of charges and squaring up to each other moments.
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

Number of posts : 6033

PostSubject: Re: my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy   my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 7:53 pm

Great photo's there gary. I like Reginald - she's got such a grumpy face (probably because of her being named Reginald! Very Happy )

'The Bishop' is great too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy   my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 10:21 pm

Thanks for sharing Gary Fab pic's
wish my photography was better.
reginald is beautifull i thought all O's was brown. lol
thats what i know about them.
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

PostSubject: Re: my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy   my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 10:25 pm

chez, there's nothing wrong with your photographs, they're great, but have you ever tried using photobucket? Your photo's will be displayed in a bigger format then and will just look better because of that. It's free to use - all you need to do is make an account and download your photo's onto it, then click a link and put them on here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy   my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 5:08 am

Diane thats what i use.lol
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

PostSubject: Re: my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy   my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 5:40 am

what size do you have the photo's set to chez - they appear to be smaller than the ones I post on here for some reason lol.

Have just checked, and your photo's are displayed at approx 380x140 pixels. There is a facility on Photobuckket to increase that size. Make the largest side about 600 pixels and that will show them better for you (if you want to that is! Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
biggreeny_101
Not so Newbie
Not so Newbie
biggreeny_101

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy   my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 7:16 am

WOW thats on amazing "o", and i love your sev too!
i cant wait till mine gets bigger.
what fish did you have in the tank first?????
Back to top Go down
Diana
Administrator
Administrator
Diana

PostSubject: Re: my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy   my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 7:22 am

how many oscars have you got BG? Sorry if you have told us already! Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy   my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 7:29 am

thanks everybody.

i don't think my photos are any good. i just use a cheapy fuji didital camera.

reginald is an albino oscar but still has the tiger patern but it's pale
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy   my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 7:34 am

i put the severum in first. then lots of other fish have added removed or have died or been killed by my axe wielding maniac braziensis who was rehomed.

i used to have a beautifulblue texas but he died of internal parasites.
Back to top Go down
biggreeny_101
Not so Newbie
Not so Newbie
biggreeny_101

PostSubject: Re: my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy   my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 9:32 am

hmm.
was there any problems when you added the oscar?? was it only small when you added her?
im thinking of adding one to my tank but should i leave this one till last?
Back to top Go down
biggreeny_101
Not so Newbie
Not so Newbie
biggreeny_101

PostSubject: Re: my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy   my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 9:45 am

Diana wrote:
how many oscars have you got BG? Sorry if you have told us already! Embarassed
sorry i missed that.
i dont have any oscars (YET!)
i have:
4x sevs (2xgreen aprox 3-4 inch 1xgreen 1inch 1xgold 1inch)
im growing out the 2 babys untill they reach about 4inch then im taking 2 of the green sevs back to the lfs and keeping 1xgold and 1xgreen
1Xred horse face (devil/earth eater)
1x gibbicep 3inch
3xbn's 2inch max (1x is starting do devolp bristles)
2x black kuhili loaches

my lfs has some realy beutiful hekili (im not sure on the spelling) i would love to take one home but way out of my price range as there becoming very hard to get in aus.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy   my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 10:27 am

to be honest i've had several oscars and they don't do well in a cichlid comunity because they can't stick up for themselves if their smaller than the other fish.

if your going to add an oscar i would get one now and get a decent sized one. reginald my current oscar was about 5 inches when i bought her and was 1 of a pair. i knew the guy who grew them on and the guy who owns the lfs. i had an oscar beforre her but it got some sort of infection and i had to knock it on the head.

what size set up do you have.

i would watch with more than 1 severum if they pair up they will give all the other fish hell. they can be very very nasty if the mood takes them.

keep an eye on the earth eater too they can be nasty when they grow up.
Back to top Go down
biggreeny_101
Not so Newbie
Not so Newbie
biggreeny_101

PostSubject: Re: my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy   my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 9:22 pm

gary wrote:
if your going to add an oscar i would get one now and get a decent sized one. reginald my current oscar was about 5 inches when i bought her and was 1 of a pair.

if i was to add one now. how would it react to the 2x baby sevs. especialy the gold as this one im definatly keeping.

gary wrote:
what size set up do you have.

4ft x 18in x 18in.

gary wrote:
i would watch with more than 1 severum if they pair up they will give all the other fish hell. they can be very very nasty if the mood takes them.

keep an eye on the earth eater too they can be nasty when they grow up.

im pretty sure the 2x bigger sevs are both male and both hang out with each other but as to harrasing the others doesnt sem to be on there minds (at the moment/ at all hopefuly)

also what would be classed as aggresion that needs to be looked into??????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy   my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 10:19 pm

in my experience severums are very mild mannered but a pair of sererum is trouble. but if it's 2 males just being chums i don't think there shoudl be any problems.

if you added an oscar now i would get a smaller one and just keep an eye on them. oscars are very dependant on each indiviual with aggression me thinks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy   my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my cichlids mostly oscar and severum photo heavy
Page 1 of 1